Data Protection Manager (R00108279_Irving)
Accenture Security delivers continuous, rapid-fire innovation and new business capabilities that meet and re-define the needs of the digital era. You’ll help our clients—including 94 of the Fortune 100 and governments around the world—transform their technology infrastructures using resources that range from cloud, data centers and workplace to networks, security, and managed services.
The Data Protection Manager is required to deliver and grow Accenture's security offerings related to information security with a focus on data discovery, data privacy, encryption, key management, data loss prevention, and other data security related initiatives.
The Work (Key Responsibilities):
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key client stakeholders to deliver excellence, communicate strategic vision, and drive sales
- Proactively lead & manage large scale programs with multiple workstreams, projects and phases
- Manage project clients and stakeholders
- Manage project risks and client expectations
- Provide expert advice and training on data security best practices, capabilities, and controls
- Lead and oversee multiple consultants and junior security analysts
- Develop new offerings and go to market strategies with data security teams
- Maintain relationships with technology vendors to understand capabilities and develop client offerings
- Work creatively and analytically to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Create, manage, and complete deliverables, accelerators, and other project workstream content (status updates, runbooks, etc.) within word, excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
The Skills (Basic Qualifications):
- Minimum 5 years of data security experience designing, implementing, and delivering solutions involving data encryption, key management, data discovery, data protection, or other data security capabilities
- Minimum 4 years of experience with data security vendors such as Voltage, Vormetric, Informatica, Protegrity, CipherCloud, Symantec, Digital Guardian, Thales, BigID, IBM Guardium, Imperva, Varonis, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with related to at least two of the following frameworks: PCI, GAPP, GDPR, SWIFT, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, NIST, ISO, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the creation of deliverables, accelerators, proposals, and business development content within Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
Bonus Points (Preferred Qualifications):
- Security professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP or ISO 27001 CIPP/IT, CRISC
- Recognized technical certification for specific data security tools (Informatica, Azure Cloud Security, AWS, Google Cloud, Vormetric, Big ID, DLP)
- Deep understanding of privacy/data privacy standards and regulations local, domestic and global (State Level Data Protection, ISO, GAPP, NIST 800-53, HIPAA, HiTrust, Privacy by Design, GDPR, EU Data Protection Directives, APEC Privacy Framework)
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
- Experience working for the Big 4 or Global Solution Integrator is highly desired]
- Demonstrate leadership, teamwork, and collaboration in a professional setting and team environment
- College degree
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $152,000 to $190,000 and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.