Associate Social and Digital Insights Manager
Ben & Jerry’s:
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever with the remainder of an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality.
Social mission: We initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally specifically on Climate Justice and Social Justice, Racial Justice, and Economic JusticeProduct mission: We make and distribute the finest quality natural ice cream and euphoric concoctionsEconomic mission: We operate our Company for sustainable, Profitable financial growth
About The Role:
Working with the Global Head of Consumer Insights to drive consumer insights into action, this role is responsible for analytics across digital and social channels and partnering cross-functionally to influence key growth pillars for Ben & Jerry’s. The role will work with the broader CMI & Marketing teams on brand health and innovation opportunities, and the Digital Marketing team to optimize the brand’s digital measurement strategy and impact. The role will cover the U.S. and global markets.
What You’ll Do & Who You Are
- Identify and analyze consumer trends including behaviors, perceptions & associations, and triggers & barriers of potential new ingredients/products and brand activations.
- Conduct category research to inform the brand and make actionable recommendations regarding new trends, audience segments, and potential partnerships.
- Monitor and report on consumer feedback of NPDs and new product campaigns.
- Monitor and report on the brand's digital share of voice and share of engagement on top social media platforms.
- Work with the broader CMI and Consumer Services teams to provide the brand with holistic views of brand health, fans and markets.
- Work with CMI and other cross-functional teams on functionality and visualization of our Growth Roadmap.
- Coordinate Integrated Marketing’s digital measurement strategy, continued data strategy, and work with stakeholders to apply learnings and optimize brand activations.
- Analyze cross-channel media performance and test & refine digital activation strategies to maximize ROI.
- Be a liaison between marketing teams and the broader CMI team.
- Ensure the brand is quickly & accurately connected to fans during campaign activations and product launches.
- Work with external partners (360i, Adobe, Google, Merkle, etc.) to ensure the brand is setup for success for a digital future without traditional cookies.
- Work closely with the Digital & Technology Steering Committee to implement Unilever’s ‘United’ and the ‘Global Insights Platform’.
- Work with the Retail team to continually improve POS data strategy and provide actionable insights & recommendations.
- Work with stakeholders to develop a global data strategy and digital ecosystem.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify top opinion leaders in specific spaces.
- Identify top trendsetters, educators, and engagers connected with an audience.
- Develop and maintain measurement strategy to evaluate top brand influencers.
- Think differently, push beyond the norm, uncover thinking that can motivate the brand to new personal bests by blazing new trails and continually exploring ways to connect the brand to understand fans better and faster than ever before.
- Exhibit commitment to the brand's social mission and help lead Marketing and CMI’s contribution to delivering all three elements of Ben & Jerry's three-part mission statement.
- Have a strong commitment to our fans (love them more than they love us), the fun of ice cream, and working on an activist brand
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- 3-4 years of experience in an analytical role related to social and digital analytics, and providing insights and recommendations based on analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Clear understanding of digital media standards/best practices
- Experience writing briefs to answer business questions and working with cross-functional teams
- Strong data storytelling and communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools and dashboard building
- Passion for the digital world and implications for business – an understanding of the social media landscape (organic & paid) and influencer marketing
- Experience with key facets of digital analytics:
- SQL, DataStudio, Power BI,
- Analytical tools, data modeling, query building, and storytelling
- Social analytics and/or NLP tools (Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon, etc.)
- Data infrastructure principles and solutions
- Content management systems and principles
- Understanding of website analysis and optimization principles
What We Can Offer You
[Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Culture for Growthopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefitsopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Every Voice Mattersopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Global Reachopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Unilever: Life | LinkedInopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Strategy | Unileveropens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Why work for Unileveropens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Careers at Unileveropens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Unilever Global Websiteopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Check Out Our Spaceopens in a new window
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see[Register to View]
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equal Employment Opportunity Postersopens in a new window
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.