Sr Tax Specialist (00VGY)
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
If you are selected as the Sr. Tax Specialist, you will be a member of an integrated technical team which partners with functions across the company and applies its tax expertise follow ConocoPhillips’ U.S. income tax and ASC 740 reporting requirements for the company’s operations.
This position can be based in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, or Houston, Texas.
You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.
Your responsibilities may include\:
- Fulfillment of U.S. income tax reporting requirements of ConocoPhillips operations. This may include preparation of IRS Forms 1120, 1065, 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, and 926 income tax returns as well as various other reporting requirements
- Research, interpretation, and application of U.S. income tax technical authority to company transactions
- Accumulation, analysis, and processing of financial accounting data to prepare tax returns, estimated tax payments, and produce tax forecasts.
- Collection and analysis of information used to follow ASC 740 for various book to tax adjustments
- Assistance in preparing responses to IRS inquiries
- Development and improvement of compliance reporting processes
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, other related business field, other related technical field, or foreign equivalent
- 5 years of corporate income tax experience
- Master's degree or higher in Accounting, Tax, other related business field, other related technical field, or foreign equivalent
- Current Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 1 years of experience in SAP and Corptax
- Technical/Functional Expertise – background in U.S. domestic corporate, U.S. international corporate, or partnership taxation
- Federal income tax compliance experience in public accounting or large multinational corporation
- Efficient financial, analytical and computer skills
- Ability to efficiently perform as part of an integrated team committed to common objectives; strong communication skills
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, inspires innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility, and positivity
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of August 18, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.