Senior Analyst - Middle-Office Bank Loan/Public Fixed Income
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $651 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at www.metlife.com/investments to learn more.
The Senior Analyst role will sit in Philadelphia, PA within the Investment Management Operations unit will be responsible for various Operational and Reporting duties directly supporting Metlife Investment internal and external clientele.
- Coordinate and facilitate the settlement of Bank Loan and Public Fixed Income trade activity.
- Manage and communicate cash balance activity, funding requirements, and cash movements in and out of related custodial accounts.
- Review, research and resolve reported cash and position discrepancies to eliminate portfolio risk as well as illustrate accurate cash, position, and risk reporting to the trading desks.
- Communicate with Executing Brokers, Custodial and Agent Banks, Investment Desks, and other relevant parties to ensure proper settlement of trades.
- Assist in the closure of trade mismatch and failures, coupon claims, and additional of Operational functions to support a clean risk and operational environment.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 1-3yrs experience of general Bank Loan knowledge. This includes, but is not limited to, bank loan settlements, funding and cash management activity, and general usage of Clearpar.
- Candidate should have a strong understanding of cash reconciliations and the impact they have on related business.
- Strong quantitative and technical and communication skills.
- Goal oriented person who strives to not only to ensure Operational efficiency, but who also expresses a strong interest in learning depth of products traded.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where there is an opportunity to be exposed to multiple sides of the investment manage business.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate with an array of internal and external constituents.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bloomberg and Aladdin experience, not required, but a plus.
- General Fixed Income (Corporates, Sovereign Debt, Repo) experience a plus.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 124071