Analyst - Investments Credit Research
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $651 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at [Register to View] to learn more.
The Fixed Income Research Analyst position will work closely with senior members of the research and trading groups to gain a working knowledge of and take an active role in the investment process. Areas of concentration will be high yield and investment grade corporate bonds, as well as bank loans. The position offers candidates the opportunity to learn in-depth corporate credit analysis through financial modeling, valuation and recovery work, interaction with corporate management teams and relative value discussions. The role is a key in the Credit Research process for Third Party Investment Management.
- Financial modeling and analysis.
- Quarterly and annual earnings analysis and review.
- News and events analysis and review.
- Comp sheet construction, price monitoring and relative value analysis.
- Valuation work and analysis.
- Evaluation of macroeconomic, political, regulatory, and industry-cycle factors.
- Credit Rating and ESG assessment.
- Communication with Rating Agencies and Industry experts.
- Assist with generating new investment ideas and credit presentations.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Industry Internship or 1-3 years’ experience within a given function (e.g., Finance, Credit/Risk, and Investment Management).
- Excellent communication, quantitative and analytic skills.
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong Knowledge of Financial and Corporate Credit Markets.
- Bloomberg Applications.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Financial Modeling experience is a plus.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 124720