Senior Analyst - Equity Asset Management
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $651 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at www.metlife.com/investments to learn more.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, including $27.1B in AUM in Real Estate Equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. This role will be responsible for supporting the Los Angeles Asset Management team for MetLife’s Equity Strategies Group, whose portfolio includes industrial, multi-family, development, office, retail and land holdings for MetLife’s in-house funds, general account, and growing separate account roster.
- Support Asset Management team in establishing and executing asset investment strategy, financial forecasts and budgets, valuation analysis, management and leasing efforts and capital analysis for the regional equity portfolio.
- Support the asset management team in the development of property operating budgets, capital budgets, income re-projections and annual business plans.
- Assist in underwriting and valuation of large/complex commercial real estate assets including office, industrial, multi-family, retail and developments, and review/provide feedback on third party underwriting of quarterly property valuations.
- Coordinate with acquisitions group regarding new investments to assist in due diligence and minimize operational or financial issues following closing.
- Participate in property inspections and market tours.
- Assist in review of lease terms during lease negotiations process and conduct financial analysis of lease economics.
- Support the asset management team as needed in any asset dispositions, including coordinating sale effort with outside brokers.
- Research and analyze regional geographic markets and industry data.
- Manage database applications and oversee portfolio reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Coordinate with property manager and leasing teams in gathering property information on an ad-hoc basis.
- Work with Regional Architect on updating internal reports.
- Process all REIT compliance, GRESBY and other compliance related reports.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 2-5 years of commercial real estate experience with various property types including office, retail, industrial, multi-family, and hotels preferred.
- Proficiency with ARGUS Enterprise, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Results orientated team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- To post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- Experience with various property types including office, retail, industrial, multi-family, and hotels preferred.
- Bachelor’s required; Preferred in Real Estate, Finance, or equivalent.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 125845