Group Account Management Consultant
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Role Value Proposition:
Global Technology & Operations (GTO) includes over 17,000 associates across 42 countries Service our customers in operations and global customer call centers where we deliver global support services, including global real estate, global corporate security, and global innovation. This role, for a Sr. Account Manager, will provide cross-market support functions across both regional and local markets in a field office while supporting Senior sales staff in the internal and external post-sale activities associated with the acquisition of new business and in maintaining existing client relationships and mentoring newly hired associates and assists with process training.
- Conducts post-sale enrollment meetings; presenting product information, distributing approved materials, collecting forms and answering questions while also promoting, organizing, and attending enrollment meetings and benefit fairs for assigned customers while also being very active participation in the implementation process including leading discussions.
- Works with internal partners to resolve escalated issues, request needed plan performance reporting and develop marketing plans.
- Prepares presentation materials and actively participates in finalist meetings for prospective customers, stewardship meetings for existing customers and broker meetings to discuss both.
- Ensures proper licensing and appointment paperwork is in good order for writing agents.
- Stays informed of specific client activities taking place (acquisitions, divestures, layoffs, budget challenges, etc.) and demonstrates strong client-specific product knowledge by providing consultative assistance on issues related to their plans.
- Proficient in product renewal underwriting, able to explain workups, negotiate rates within given margin position and recommend plan design alternatives as necessary which requires responsibility for a segment of the AE block with regard to persistency and upsell opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years customer service experience
- Life and Health license or ability to get one within 3 months
- Strong product knowledge and underwriting skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years customer service experience and Life and Health license.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able maneuver within multiple complex systems at same time.
- Excellent presentation skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to work well with others as well as independently.
- Able to solve problems and think creatively.
- Ability to recognize opportunities to recommend new product offerings.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.