Associate, Institutional Client Group (Account Coverage)
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our New York, New York office.
Our Associate, Institutional Client Group, will cover a large and diverse portfolio of clients that trade with our Global Markets franchise, managing the KYC and financial crime risks associated with the portfolio, and deepening counterparty relationships and improving income generation through focused business development activities. Acting as the principal point of contact internally for all flow transactional banking elements with the counterparty base and working closely with other relationship and product teams across the world.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfill their hopes and realize their ambitions.
Our Institutional Client Group is the client sector within Global Banking responsible for all aspects of the Group's relationships with investor clients ranging from business development to AML/FCC compliance
On a typical day your activities could include the following:
- Work with Client Management teams globally to drive KYC and to manage financial crime risk in the portfolio.
- Provide high-quality industry sector, competitor and counterparty level analysis to support business development, portfolio management and credit risk assessment.
- Support senior management in identifying strategies to maintain / enhance overall relationship return and ensure early identification of potential credit issues.
- Identify marketing opportunities, undertaking appropriate analysis and preparation of proposals, presentations and pitches for new products and services.
- Act as primary point of contact for counterparties and internal colleagues, and effectively manage the desk.
- Work with Credit Operations to ensure we prepare structured and focused application remarks for counterparties within the sectors, covering annual reviews and new money proposals.