Analyst, Corporate Actions
At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Jersey City, New Jersey office.
The HSBC Custody Asset Services Department is responsible for the processing of corporate actions related to equity and fixed income products through the lifecycle of the corporate event. This includes all income processing events and mandatory and voluntary corporate action event types in a custody environment.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Asset Services support in a custody environment, all components of corporate action processing and reconciliation
- Requires previous experience in scrubbing of corporate action events for announcement to custody clients, voluntary and mandatory events
- Requires extensive market knowledge of US corporate action events (Voluntary and Mandatory), including voluntary events such as tenders, merger elections, conversions, rights and warrants subscriptions and tenders and consents.
- Strong understanding of DTCC’s platform
- Strong client service skills
- Knowledge of ISO Swift messaging
- Act as liaison with internal/external business partners
- Products include US Equities and Fixed Income securities
- Must interpret corporate action notices and determine HSBC response
- Independent decision making abilities while engaging Management at all times
- Must ensure all regulatory requirements are understood and met
- Performs according to prescribed procedures.
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Provide support and guidance to all internal tax related areas with respect to tax related queries.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.