Director & Actuary
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Role Value Proposition:
The primary responsibility of the candidate is pricing of the Health Spending & Spending Accounts (HS&SA) products, which were launched in 2020 and are still in the stage of being further refined and implemented to serve a rapidly changing and competitive market. This role will own all facets of pricing for these new products, including plan designs and benefit offerings, implementing these into the pricing manual and tools, developing and executing all corresponding pricing strategies, and forecasting the financials. The candidate will serve as a critical partner to the HS&SA product development and management team and develop relationships across the market segment underwriting teams as they will be involved in case specific pricing escalations.
In addition, the candidate will be part of a broader pricing team and support pricing of Legal Plan and Pet products. In this capacity the candidate will have shared responsibility and perform typical pricing functions such as experience study, rate filing and underwriting tools, etc.
- Develop and price HS&SA (health savings and spending account) products. This includes participating in product and contract design, development assumptions and pricing models to price the new products, and researching production regulation.
- Conduct experience studies, profitability, and projection modeling, including Embedded Value modeling.
- Maintain and enhance existing pricing programs, documentation & quoting tools, and lead training on HS&SA pricing to all underwriting organizations and be fully involved in case pricing escalations.
- Provide pricing support for Legal and Pet products.
- Participate and assist Voluntary Products CFO team in developing talents and maintaining pricing expertise for the long-term.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of actuarial experience in insurance, including 1+ years of pricing experience
- Fellow of Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS) or Fellow of Society of Actuaries (FSA) with prior experience in HS&SA (Health savings and spending account), Legal Plan or Pet
- Strong technical skills and modeling capabilities: Advanced MS Excel skills and Microsoft Access, including Visual Basic programming
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 127128