Director of Corporate Communications
Role Value Proposition:
The Director, Corporate Communications, helps to tell MetLife’s story to the company’s key stakeholders, including employees, customers, the media, and shareholders. This person must be a strategist, a tactician, and a talented writer and storyteller who can flex to any communication style. This person must also be a team player with a willingness to work across all elements of the Corporate Communications portfolio.
Specific areas of focus include enterprise communications: sustainability, MetLife Foundation, issues and crisis, financial and M&A, policy and regulatory, reputation management, diversity, equity and inclusion, and global brand sponsorship.
- Lead the development and execution of strategic communications plans for various client groups.
- Serve as strategic advisor to senior leader stakeholders with the ability to flex to different leadership styles to achieve desired outcomes.
- Collaborate cross functionally to craft and manage executive communications for key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement critical communications plans and strategies for key initiatives affecting MetLife.
- Proven track record of exceptional media planning and execution with the ability to develop strong relationships with key media outlets.
- Partner with the communications team to lead our response to crisis management communications and reputational issues.
- Help manage and curate the daily media intelligence report for MetLife’s senior leaders.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of Communications and/or PR experience preferably in financial services industry.
- This role requires a broad set of strategy, program development, and execution skills.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Passionate about creating campaigns and executing them.
- Creative thinker with a proven ability to turn ideas into actionable programs that build brand and product awareness.
- Experience working with senior leaders and a passion for storytelling.
- Ability to adapt quickly and help cross-functional teams align.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $103,000 - $137,300. The role is eligible for incentive compensation under the sales incentive plan for your position. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.