Sr Quantitative Risk Analyst
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Role Value Proposition:
Global Risk Management (GRM) oversees MetLife’s financial and non-financial risks to support responsible growth and ensure we deliver on our promises to customers and stakeholders. GRM accomplishes this through proactive advice, independent and effective challenge, and through implementation and enforcement of guardrails. This position sits within Model Risk, whose primary role is to manage risk and uncertainties arising from the use of models.
This position will contribute to managing these risks mainly with respect to Machine Learning models and the underlying data. These models include those internally developed or purchased from vendors and are used across the Enterprise in functions ranging from pricing to business operations.
The candidate will have demonstrated very strong and solid quantitative skills allowing them to challenge and develop models, mainly those using Machine Learning techniques. The successful candidate will be motivated to adopt new technologies and be able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment. The position will require collaboration with key global stakeholders across the Enterprise.
The candidate will gain a broad exposure to a wide range of modeling techniques, product lines, functions, and businesses across the globe.
- Develop benchmarking models to effectively challenge complex models in use across the Enterprise. These will focus mainly on Machine Learning but may also include derivative pricing and other complex models.
- Identify alternative mathematical approaches and implementations to enhance the performance and the efficiency of the existing models
- Assess the mathematical, statistical, and conceptual soundness of each model, effectively challenging model assumptions, inputs, methodologies, and outputs
- Develop and apply advanced technologies such as Machine Learning techniques to improve the oversight of models quantitively and qualitatively
- Draft reports that address results of performed review and testing, draw attention to areas of concern and uncertainty, and provide specific remediations
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field: mathematics (theoretical or applied), advanced statistics, physics, or computer science
- Strong mathematical background with solid programming skills such as C# and Python
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with members of other departments and lines of business
- 3+ years of experience
- Knowledge of Machine Learning technique in particular with respect to Neural Network
- ASA or FSA
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.