Director, Enterprise Strategy (2 Positions)
Primary responsibility to define short-term and long-term enterprise business strategy and scale excellence in strategy and execution to increase business impact.
The Director of Enterprise Strategy will lead and manage enterprise initiatives sponsored by US Innovative Medicines President and Leadership Team to:
• Identify and assess market long-term trends, evaluate impact and use learnings to drive Novartis US long-term vision and agenda
• Help to shape, develop, and enable execution of strategies to advance and grow Novartis business
• Work closely with Product General Managers and their leadership teams to address key business challenges and opportunities, and ensure alignment with strategic priorities
• Embed frameworks, governance, and defined metrics to measure the success of strategic initiatives and to educate and empower teams with critical decision support information
• Serves as liaison with Corporate Strategy team to enable US related aspects of Corporate Strategy plans and initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Identify/assess industry long-term trends and help drive Novartis US long-term vision and agenda; identify/assess major business opportunities (internal and external) with potential for major impact on Novartis’ 3-year and 5-year growth and profitability
• Help define the strategy and narrative of the current US Novartis portfolio, including in-line and immediate pre-launch products, to set internal strategic direction and increase investor confidence
• Enable and facilitate portfolio choices and tradeoffs to increase spend effectiveness and efficiency
• Facilitate strategic planning of Novartis US and help the business to prioritize business needs per strategic importance, defining metrics, collaborating with General Managers and functions
• Define frameworks, governance, new ways of working and metrics to empower teams
• Scale excellence in strategy and execution to increase business impact
• Lead/manage strategic and transformation projects for US Pharma as defined by enterprise strategy/priorities and prepare recommendations to senior management
• Work closely as needed to support the needs of the Corporate Strategy Team including open communication and close collaboration on US+ initiatives, US market trends and other US related strategy initiatives
This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position.
The ideal location for this role is the East Hanover site but remote work may be possible (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. If associate is remote, all home office expenses and any travel/lodging to the East Hanover site for periodic live meetings will be at the employee’s expense. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager. This position will require 20% travel.