Lead DevOps Engineer
Lead DevOps Engineer
As a Lead DevOps Engineer you are responsible for introducing best practices, tools, and methodologies, working with development and infrastructure teams to streamline and automate development, testing, and support processes in the software development life cycle, based on a set of standards and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise, data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization and the business goals and objectives. You will collaborate closely with the Scrum Lead, Product Owner and ART Leadership. You will have an opportunity to impact every part of the system, foster and cultivate your curiosity and iterate over solutions to be the very best you can be to deliver for our customers.
- Understanding customer requirements and KPIs, functional and non-functional
- Implementing various CI/CD pipeline, testing and infrastructure automation tools and best practices
- Building automated guardrails and ensuring secure, high quality deliveries across the entire team
- Implementing continuous monitoring, alerts, and Site Reliability Engineering practices
- Investigating and resolving production management incidents, problems, and service requests.
- Interfacing with key stakeholders and business leaders
- Working with cross-functional teams for delivery
- Mentoring Mid/Junior DevOps Engineers
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7 plus years in broad technical background and hands-on experience on virtualization, storage, networking, etc.
- Proficiency with CI/CD pipeline configuration and support, Azure DevOps, Atlassian stack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and/or Jenkins with more than 3 years of experience
- Experience in scripting using Python, Bash, and/or PowerShell with more than 5 years of experience
- Experience with containerization, Docker and/or Kubernetes with more than 5 years experience
- Experience with deployment to Cloud platform (Azure is preferred, AWS or Google Cloud) with more than 2 years of experience
- Experience with various database technologies and solutions, including both SQL (Oracle or MS SQL Server preferred) and NoSQL (MongoDB or others), with more than 4 years of experience
- Experience with packaging/deployment of Java applications
- Experienced with Git-based repositories such as GitHub, Bitbucket or Azure Repos
- Cross functional leadership: organize, motivate, and lead those outside of the team
- Extensive Experience in configuring tools for testing, code quality and security CI/CD gating
- Extensive Experience with continuous monitoring tools, such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace, etc.
- Experience with continuous testing tools, such as Azure Test Plans or Junit/TestNG tasks
- Container-based development leveraging Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Microsoft Azure Services: Functions, AKS, CosmosDB, Storage, App Service. Experience with AWS or Google Cloud would be good too
- Modern Identity and Access Management and general AppSec practices
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.