Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Engineer
Location: Cary, NC or Clarks Summit, PA (hybrid)Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is searching for an enthusiastic, passionate, and recognized leader to help make an impactful difference in an industry leading Fortune 40 company. You’ll play a critical role in our Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) for our global key management initiatives to increase the maturity of the current PKI implementation. You will execute critical security operations activities - incident response, vulnerability management, analysis, event management, and recovery. This hands-on position requires strong global collaboration skills to work with cross functional teams to engineer and support key management solutions that comply with MetLife’s information security policies and regulatory obligations. The candidate will have the ability to negotiate, influence, document, and implement PKI security safeguards and configurations in a complex environment.Key Responsibilities
- Implementation and support all key management areas including SSL certificates, SSH keys, and other digital certificates and encryption.
- Support discovery, monitoring, alerting, and analysis for PKI and underlying infrastructure.
- Maintain documentation related to the key management practice, including areas of design, proof of concept use cases, implementation, validation, operational management, and disaster recovery.
- Implementation and support of Hardware Security Module (HSM) operations.
- Evaluate current global and technology specific processes to determine process improvements, and how best to gain more effectiveness and efficiency
- Maintain and enhance technical requirements for implementation and adoption of a best-in-class PKI within MetLife.
- Fluency in security & encryption terminology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT Security, or equivalent work experience.
- 4-8 years of work experience with combined IT security and PKI operations.
- Minimum 1-3 year of Venafi Trust Protection Platform (VTPP) working experience.
- Solid knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, TLS, secure communication protocols).
- Solid understanding of current industry security and regulatory standards, principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Experience leading initiatives in a global environment extending across multiple countries and time zones.
- Strong knowledge of encryption technologies and architectures.
- Moderate knowledge of modern enterprise and security architectures, their challenges, common approaches to overcome their challenges, and their inherent security strengths and weaknesses.
- Automation experience with Venafi TPP API a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Host Security Modules (HSM), Thales HSM a plus.
- Experience with x509 certificate signer tools (Microsoft CA preferred).
- Experience with the creation and use of SSH keys and SSH key configuration.
- Experience with cloud native key management.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certifications a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and collaboration.
- Security, audit, or compliance certifications such as CISA, GSE, SANS, SOX or CISSP Certifications desired.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.