Scrum Lead II
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is the leading provider of Group Benefits. The Group Benefits Solutions Delivery organization is a diverse team of technologist, all working towards the common goal of ensuring the customer is at the center of everything we do. As a ScrumMaster II in the Group Benefits Solutions Delivery organization in Cary NC, you will be responsible for guiding, coaching and mentoring no more than 2 Agile teams towards achieving product objectives. You will be leading daily collaboration activities with the team and facilitating all key Agile ceremonies. You will also be responsible for applying and enhancing Agile frameworks to improve efficiency and effectiveness of both the teams and program. You will be exploring new and effective ways to help teams adopt and establish an Agile mindset.
- Generally, lead up to 2 onshore and/or offshore scrum teams in moderate to high complexity workstreams
- Helps the team(s) embrace Agile values, adopt and apply Agile principles, and implement Agile practices.
- Facilitate transparency and a continuous learning mindset.
- Facilitate daily standups, iteration reviews and iteration planning ceremonies to ensure full team engagement.
- Actively manage interdependencies between dependent teams.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to support short and long-term release planning, while maintaining a healthy team backlog ready for execution.
- Shield the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
- Anticipate and address or escalate potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges).
- Facilitate and utilize retrospectives to ensure teams are constantly improving.
- Track and report on agile team metrics (CFD, Burndown/up, velocity), escalating issues as needed. Ability to report in Waterfall or Agile.
- Coach teams through the exploration and adoption of agile engineering practice (e.g., test automation, CI/CD, BDD, Agile Architecture).
- Contribute best practices in SM (Scrum Master) Community of Practice.
- Recognized as a coach and able to follow a coaching model for helping the team resolve issues.
- Continuously learning industry patterns and innovative approaches
- Aware of and adhere to audit/compliance requirements for execution
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related discipline
- 4+ years related experience as an Agile project team member
- 4+ years of experience in Agile software development including coaching on Agile methodologies, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Advanced presentation, influencing, facilitation and relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles, concepts, and methodology.
- Displays effective communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills.
- Comfortable discussing business functions, operations, strategies, and objectives.
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment is a plus.
- Scrum Certification: Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Professional ScrumMaster (PSM), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Certification (SSM, SASM)
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we are leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is [the more specific figure (for example (only): $80,000) or range within which the hiring manager reasonably expects to hire (for example (only): $70,000 - $85,000)]. The role is eligible for incentive compensation under the sales incentive plan for your position. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.