Senior IT Auditor
Preferred Position Location: Cary, NC - Hybrid Role: 3 days in office/2 days work from home
Alternate Locations: Tampa FL, Whippany NJ and Bridgewater NJ
Role Value Proposition:
Internal Audit (IA) is an independent global organization that plays an important role in partnering with the business to ensure that management anticipates, recognizes, and appropriately manages risks. We protect MetLife and our stakeholders through meaningful independent assurance and advice, while advocating for risk management and internal controls.
Audit reviews may be conducted in specialized areas, such as system implementations, cloud migrations, applications, infrastructure, and vendor management, requiring specific knowledge pertaining to the areas, policies or regulations being audited.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior IT Auditor that’s excited to be part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team. Someone that is comfortable sharing their ideas and is passionate about building client relationships and delivering high quality impactful results to stakeholders.
• Assist in audit work to assess the soundness, adequacy, compliance with MetLife Policy and use of best practices for MetLife IT processes, risks and controls.
• Be aware of and understand the IT audit universe at a high level and how the audit projects align with and impact the risk assessments.
• Efficiently execute and document audit and issue remediation testing and document findings in the audit system.
• Prepare audit deliverables that meet departmental and professional standards of quality.
• Develop experience and auditing skills to cover a broad range of risks, including IT and business processes, technology, and data.
• Participate in projects, completing assigned tasks and responsibilities within budget and agreed timelines.
• Communicate timely and appropriately with identified stakeholders within IA and business management. Exercise quick escalation to resolve project barriers and challenges.
• Interface with auditees to request and organize evidence during audit work and track follow-ups and outstanding/unresolved items.
• Consult with clients in developing action plans to resolve control issues or risks.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow auditors and auditees, sustaining ongoing relationships with key business contacts.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• 2-4 years IT internal or external audit experience
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, including listening and interviewing skills
• Possesses intermediate understanding of: IT general controls (e.g., security, change management, disaster recovery & backup, infrastructure, etc.); SDLC/Agile methodologies, cybersecurity, and cloud.
• Possesses fundamental understanding of operating system and database platforms (e.g., mainframe, Active Directory, Windows, Linux, Oracle, etc.); network architecture; IT governance processes; IT risk management and assessment processes.
• Possesses intermediate understanding of multiple frameworks such as IIA, COBIT, NIST, SOX, and PCI DSS v3.
• Possesses intermediate understanding of auditing practices including risk assessment, performing walkthroughs, sampling and testing methodologies, and analysis of results for potential exceptions/issues.
• Demonstrated success and abilities in the following:
• Leverage access to data and analytics tools to analyze populations of data of moderate complexity. Assess the results of analytics performed to draw control conclusions and areas of risk requiring additional research.
• Both perform tests of controls independently or provide oversight over a junior staff in the production of high quality workpapers within the timelines provided.
Preferred Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Financial service industry experience
• Working toward or willing to work toward CISA, CIA, or CISSP certification
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The role is eligible for incentive compensation under the sales incentive plan for your position. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.