JOB TITLEFinance Analyst
As a Finance Analyst, you will partner with the business to ensure growth and enable them to meet their financial goals, actively lead efforts to find opportunities, and implement solutions to improve the financial performance of the business.
The Finance Analyst will be aligned with our key business processes and play an integral role in cross-functional teams, to set our direction and optimize our business performance.
By providing an integrated financial perspective on the impact of business decisions, the Finance Analyst makes recommendations and influences decisions that maximize value for the business.
- Serve as a strategic business partner, bringing an understanding of Finance, value creation, and business drivers
- Support analytical and business frameworks as well as a quantitative approach to decision-making that shapes the overall strategic course of the brand, which includes analysis of portfolio and market potential
- Work with the global brand team on future innovations’ business cases throughout decision gates, ensuring that project financials do create value for the Brand, value drivers are clearly distinguished, understood, and quantified and that project risks are well identified and discussed by the project team
- Perform in year performance management, identifying performance intervention needs and ensuring performance is well understood by the brand team, including forward-looking opportunities and risks
- Ensure that margin improvement programs do have clearly identified roadmap for each pillar and make sure margin improvement activities are being delivered OTIF, or flag risks otherwise
- Work with the Finance Excellence Team ensuring good visibility of the innovation funnel, including launch dates, markets, platforms, and financial impact
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional business partners
- Involvement with special projects related to business development, strategic growth, and ad hoc analysis
- Contribute to our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, and efficient.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; MBA or CPA strongly preferred
- Relevant years of related financial planning and analysis experience with increasing responsibility and control
- Prior work experience in Brand, Supply Chain, Customer Development (Sales), Audit, Accounting, Financial Reporting, or Financial Planning is preferred
- An enterprising and inquisitive nature that can find solutions to complex problems
- Experience creating and implementing operational improvement solutions
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly communicate results and implications of the analysis
- Experience communicating financial acumen effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
In September 2020, Unilever announced the intention to build a new sustainable campus site in Kingston, London to house the employees who currently work in 100 Victoria Embankment in Blackfriars, Lever House in Kingston, Unilever House in Leatherhead and Graze in Richmond. We are creating our own Unilever sustainable, agile work environment, purposefully bringing us together in our own Unilever ecosystem. The campus is due to be completed in early 2025 and will consist of two interconnected buildings, as well as landscaped surrounding areas.
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, free gym, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity. We are also more than happy to provide reasonable adjustments during our application and interview process to enable you to be present your best self. To find out more, including about our Employee Resource Groups, please click here [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Unilever | Unileveropens in a new window.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money. In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!