Senior Software Development Engineer
Primary Job Location: Greenville SC
Altenative Location: Tampa FL
Hybrid Role: 3 days in office/2 days work from home
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife we are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer / Developer to lead the technical delivery of a solution for the US Actuarial IT team. The ideal candidate will require technical hands-on experience in investments or insurance industry, strong development, communication, collaboration, and project management skills. Also have hands-on experience in leading complex financial systems projects using internal and external data in advanced analytics with ability to influence people
As a Software Engineer, you will be a full-stack developer on a fast-paced, Product-focused team building and deploying systems that are customer-first, leveraging modern, cloud technologies, cutting edge design and integrations across the entire software stack. You will have an opportunity to impact every part of the system, foster and cultivate your curiosity and iterate over solutions to be the very best you can be to deliver for our customers.
- Analyzing, designing, and driving solutions for major components and features
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing and production environments
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes, including deployment and monitoring of applications
- Ensuring secure, high code quality across the entire team
- Interfacing with key stakeholders and business leaders
- Working with cross-functional teams for delivery
- Mentoring Junior Software Engineers
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Ability to build, deliver and operate complex, cloud-based systems
- Strong hands-on experience with Cloud Platform technologies – MS Azure ADF, Python,Databricks and AzDo
- Proficiency with SQL database technologies and solutions, Oracle,SQL and Azure SQL
- 10+ years’ experience in Software Development and strong technical experience with building enterprise scale distributed and batch applications.
- Retail Life Products – UL,VUL,Term and Whole Life knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with focused attention to details, as well as, demonstrated professionalism and time/task management skills; ability to establish strong relationships.
- Strong Software Development Life Cycle knowledge and experience, or comparable methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to apply analysis to actionable insights
- Cross functional understanding: organize, motivate and lead those outside of the team
- Polysystems Life Master and UL Master Valuation Software working knowledge
- ALMI LOMA Certification
- Certification in Microsoft Azure Data Engineer.Developer Associate
- SAFe Agilist
- Agile Software Engineering
BI Reporting tool – Power BI is plus
Mainframe Programming Experience is plus
Number of Openings
[Register to View] style="text-align:justify">
Employee Referral Award
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.