Job Description Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
We are Novartis.
Join us and help reimagine medicine!
This is a US based position. This position can be based remotely anywhere in the US (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager.
The Customer Engagement & Engagement (CE&E) Innovative Medicine International (IMI) team is aimed to design and deliver intentional, impactful customer experiences for HCPs and patients through integrated engagements and solutions. The Head of Customer Experience (CX), Strategy & Activation, IMI is aimed at leading a team of innovative, passionate talent focused at designing and deploying personalized and outcome-oriented customer experiences grounded in deep insights and human-centered design with 2 key areas of focus:
• Customer Experience Strategy and Design: build the bridge from Therapeutic Area (TA) product strategy to customer experience strategy to drive successful customer interactions with effectiveness and efficiency
• Omnichannel planning and deployment (content & channels): own, plan, produce and deploy omnichannel expertise across new and traditional channels to develop best practice omnichannel campaign design that can be leveraged and scaled across IMI markets
Over time, responsible for building maturity in customer experience and engagement capabilities.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Lead Delivery of Impactful Customer Experiences, Strategy & Design by:
• Driving holistic CX strategy and ONE plan for IMI (incl. voice of the customer) by developing CX thought leadership & guidelines supporting standards & harmonization, and by building long-term competitive advantage capabilities on CX, manage roadmap and coordinate readiness of tech systems and analytics products
• Designing experience strategies together with TAs and priority countries leveraging customer-centric methodologies e.g. behavioral science, human-centered design and design thinking (with both long-term and short-term perspective, translating strategic imperatives into experiences, making use of country archetypes)
• Evaluating content and campaign performance to inform strategic planning and drive asset re-use
• Anticipating customer trends and unmet needs to identify growth opportunities and develop new experiences while using customer/competitor intelligence, applying human-centered design methods (incl. behavioral science)
• Developing tangible outputs to bring experiences to life, like customer journeys and experience/content briefs to inform creative agencies/customer engagement teams to create master assets; includes defined/aligned KPIs
• Managing customer value through planning and allocating resources by customer long-term value rather than product or brand
• Successfully partner with internal stakeholder groups both within CE&E (e.g. Patient Solutions) and outside (e.g. TAs, priority countries)
• Partner with agencies as applicable in strategic experience design and messaging
Lead Delivery of personalized omnichannel Customer Engagement programs by:
• Providing expertise on channels & orchestration (Channel COE), collaborating with other experts in CE&E and MVAPIC
• Responsible for managing the centralized, scaled hub model, which will deliver a high volume of assets across multiple channels and content types for IMI within brand/product standards and style guide. This includes demand & backlog management, owning the relationship with key vendor(s), and constantly pushing for greater reuse and efficiencies in customer engagement delivery. Establishing an agency alliance model to set up partners for success and identify new content approaches.
• Delivering content (creative/design, production and MLR submission) and activate above country channels to implement the planned customer experience through a dedicated content hub, leveraging marketing automation as applicable (e.g., DAM, MRM/workflow, etc.); create activation process/playbooks as applicable
• Supporting adaptation & activation with countries to create a consistent but tailored experience for customers
• Enabling the global to local model by making use of the master assets that enable the CX strategy through robust asset management and providing streamlined/self-service access for countries
• Supporting data capture to improve customer experience design, content & channel mix, using a consistent content tagging framework & taxonomy, attribution, and predictive content modeling
• Leading business planning and forecasting including ongoing model continuous improvement
• Set strategic and operational priorities for team, build, and lead a strong and structured high performing team who can deliver these priorities
• Omnichannel planning, production, and deployment in a global to local model to support scale across countries (content & channels). Lead an efficiency-driven content hub to manage the end-to-end production of core campaigns for TAs and priority countries
• Partners with CE&E peers to evaluate performance of channel activation and vendors / agencies
Compliance Verbiage – US
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 [Register to View]
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected].