Area Director, Oncology (Data Driven Solutions)(East)
Labcorp has worked on all of the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services. Partnering with clients from leading pharma and agile biotech, Labcorp has been recognized as one of Forbes 2021 World’s Best Employers and named to Fast Company magazine’s list of 2021 Most Innovative Companies. We have played a historic role in launching some of the hallmark diagnostic tests for the treatment of cancer, including HER2, PD-L1, EGFR, BRAF, ALK, RET, and others.
Through our unique combined perspectives, we have built decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve.
Labcorp Oncology is seeking an innovative leader as an Area Director to focus on our Data Driven Solutions in Value-Based Care and Clinical Development to drive the transformation of today’s healthcare challenges into tomorrow’s solutions.
We are a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives by delivering world-class diagnostic solutions and bringing innovative medicines to patients faster through the uses of technology to improve the delivery of care.
This position will be based remotely in the US supporting our East Region.
- Drive Executive/C-Suite level sales with value-based care networks (OCMs, IPA, CINs), large physician organizations, and health systems
- Serve as company resource and sales expert in lab-based population analytics and value-based care programs
- Lead strategy and day to day operational plans for oncology data enabled research network development, as well as rapid site activation model, in addition to other innovations that will create a market leading oncology research community and patient recruitment capability
- Engage with research networks to identify the value proposition from external data, recruitment and other vendors and link to project teams for trial on active studies and proposal inclusion
- Partner with key internal teams (Precision Medicine, Medical Affairs, Strategic Partnerships & Projects, Sales, Optimization, Implementation) to define and scale post-live solutions that deliver high customer satisfaction across practices, and determine the ongoing accountabilities for delivery
- Recommending and implementing sales strategies for improvement based upon market research and competitor analyses
- Develops strategic plans for clients regarding their oncology needs to support their clinical development programs to include RWE, HEOR, & Registry Programs
To be successful in this role the candidate must have the ability to:
- Develop and implement Value-Base Care Contracting discussions
- Work with key scientific leaders combining companion diagnostics, biomarkers, and precision medicine to healthcare operations and clinical research
- Prospect, acquire, extend, and retain customers through effective identification of opportunities and subsequent progression though the customer buying cycle
- Develop and execute a strategic area / regional business plan that will enable Labcorp Enterprise to gain market share and achieve sales goals
- Establish and build strong client relationships that allow for growth, profitability, and predictability
- Effectively manage a funnel of leads and opportunities in salesforce and provide an accurate monthly sales forecast and regional narrative
- Assume a leadership role during the collaborative development and implementation of marketing and sales strategies to attain assigned sales objectives
- Utilize strong product/market knowledge and sales experience to manage complex sales cycles and resolve customer questions and concerns
Required Education & Experience
- Master’s in Business or Healthcare and/or healthcare management preferred
- 8 years of experience and/or deep domain knowledge in the oncology diagnostic services industry required
- Experience in Value-Based Care
- Industry/application expertise with working knowledge of competitive products (specifications, applications, value propositions)
- Experience within a complex and longer sales cycle selling environments
- Demonstrated track record of achieving quota
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience required in either a direct reporting or matrix reporting structure
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.