Business Development Director - Smart Connected Products Design/Development
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology, and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 721,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at [Register to View] .
Our Smart Connected Products (SCP) Team within Accenture’s Industry X offering is in search of a passionate, innovation-savvy Business Development lead who will translate business challenges into innovation opportunities for Accenture’s clients. In this role, you will act as a bridge & translator between clients grappling with nuance and complexity in smart connected products and platforms, and the potential for human-centered design and technology to create impact across multiple industries.
Our SCP Team partners with enlightened leaders who are seeking solutions to the most complex business challenges standing in the way of achieving market competitiveness through human-centered innovation and technology. Our SCP portfolio touches many different aspects of innovation and experience design - you might find yourself working in a variety of industries including consumer, medical technology & life sciences, industrial, transportation, energy, travel & hospitality, and robotics, just to name a few. In this role, you may touch device design that impacts the lives of millions, digital offerings that enable more meaningful experiences, or entirely new platforms for the world’s leading businesses. The collective effort of this work seeks to embed intelligence in “the way the world makes things and the things it makes” to do more using less, keep people safe and ensure a sustainable future.
The ideal candidate is motivated to create significant and sustainable change for our clients and in the lives of people they serve. You demonstrate a combination of expertise and experience in the hardware space, business savvy, passion and creativity, and a proven track record of building relationships with both internal stakeholders and external clients. In your past life, you may have been in business development for consulting, in product design and development, in account management, or in product sales at a device business.The work:
Business Development leads are critical to Accenture’s SCP Team unique approach to highly consultative, relationship-focused business development. This role will be dedicated to our North American market, and as such, a successful candidate will be a core part of the team driving revenue, anchoring, and growing key relationships, realizing strategy, and expanding our impact.
- Qualify The Leads: You will shape and qualify new leads from Go-To-Market (GTM) Leads in collaboration with our SCP leadership team. This will involve initiating / responding to communication with client account teams and potential clients to determine the valuable opportunities to collaborate on, gathering robust market intelligence on the opportunity, building the right SCP team to pursue the opportunity, and leading strategy and tactics in pursuit of opportunities.
- Lead Teams to Pursue Opportunities: You will collaborate with SCP and Industry X colleagues to leverage global knowledge and ensure that our SCP Team is putting its best foot forward in new business conversations. You will lead teams to produce well-coordinated and compelling client project proposals, presentations, and meetings which not only address client needs, but also clearly articulate the fundamental innovation opportunity and design challenge upon which SCP will deliver. Not only will you understand and communicate SCP's unique value proposition, but also advance our thinking in how we communicate our value.
- Steer the Business Development Process: Beyond leading the internal teams focused on a new business opportunity, you are accountable for keeping track of the source of leads, progress, and outcome, and periodically provide a synthesis of learnings to improve our business development process. You will provide structure for individuals involved in the business development process to ensure ongoing collaboration and accountability. You will create and maintain business development materials, such as introductions, presentations, and case studies, for shared use. You will ensure data integrity within Accenture’s business systems. You will collaborate with Accenture’s account, legal and leadership teams to solidify relationships and ensure the proper contracts are in place.
- Drive Meaningful Client Relationships: SCP Team prides itself on building long-lasting client relationships that are transformational for both our clients and Accenture. In this role, you will focus on both existing key client relationships, and finding opportunities for new meaningful relationships. You will find opportunities to open new accounts, industries, or focuses that align to the SCP portfolio strategy. You will explore ways to expand existing relationships and consider how to rekindle latent relationships with a focus on developing meaningful relationships that stand the test of time.
- Collaborate Cross-Functionally: As a Business Development lead, you will collaborate with people from different backgrounds and crafts, such as design researchers, designers, engineers, and quality assurance experts. In this role, you will both learn and teach while working with people outside of your immediate area of expertise, who challenge you to think more holistically.
We’re searching for someone with professional experience in a revenue or relationship focused role in innovation, design, and development who is:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about hardware development methodologies
- Able to consultatively bridge creative services to client needs
- A strategic & systems thinker
- Resourceful & resilient
- Self-directed & proactive
- Able to manage both up and out
- A strong communicator
- Curious to learn and connect the dots
- Comfortable operating with limited oversight/management
Compensation for roles at Accenture varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York City or Washington as set forth below and [Register to View] target="_blank">information on benefits offered is here.
($136,800 to $212,400)
We’re searching for someone with professional experience in a revenue or relationship focused role around hardware innovation, design, and development who has:
- Minimum of 5 years in direct sales with quota of $10M+
- Minimum of 5 years with Hardware Products and Platforms engineering
- Minimum of 2 years in the Smart Connected services space
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with G2000 customers.
- Experience with C-Level client relationship building and relationship management.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be part of a diverse, vibrant, global Accenture community; teams pushing the boundaries of new business capabilities and emerging technologies and services, sharing their experiences and lessons learned with each other. You’ll have the chance to thrive in an environment where your ideas are valued and your voice matters.
- At Accenture, you will be able to work on meaningful and innovative projects, powered by the latest technologies and industry best practices such as event-driven architectures and domain driven design.
- Accenture will continually invest in your learning and growth. You'll learn from and work with Accenture’s certified practitioners and Accenture will support you in growing your own tech stack, sales skills, and certifications.
- You'll be immersed in the design and implementation of human-centric solutions to help solve complex challenges with some of the world’s largest companies.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.