Associate Director - Agriculture Real Estate Lending Officer
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $669 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] to learn more.
MetLife’s Agricultural Investments group is seeking an exceptional and experienced Agricultural Real Estate Loan Officer. This individual will help to originate loans and service an existing loan portfolio primarily in Merced, Stanislaus, and San Joaquin Counties of California. This Agricultural Real Estate Loan Officer position will be part of a team responsible for the origination and servicing of agricultural real estate loans in California.
- Loan origination.
- Credit analysis & underwriting.
- Real estate appraisal & property inspections.
- Loan servicing/reporting/portfolio management.
- Relationship management/marketing.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 10+ years of experience with credit analysis and credit decision.
- 10+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of underwriting successful agricultural debt deals.
- Strong credit and analytical skills, superior knowledge of lending principles, credit procedures, collateral, and credit.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel-based applications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skill set.
- Strong financial, accounting and credit analysis skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Banking as well as any other related field of expertise; MBA or master’s degree.
- Extensive agricultural lending experience, ideally including experience in core regional crops (e.g., nut crops, row & vegetable crops, dairy, livestock, wine & table grapes, citrus, and various other specialty crops).
- Farm real estate appraisal knowledge.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $145,000 - $165,000. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.