Service Manager - Regional Market
Location: Aurora IL or Tampa FL, also open to NYC, Bloomfield CT, Detroit MI, Washington DC, San Francisco CA, Irvine CA, and Houston TX
Role Value Proposition:
This role manages Account Manager (AM), Client Service Consultant (CSC) and Sales Coordinator (SC) associates for a Regional Market service team. Drives quality broker and customer service experiences and secures profitable revenue through the management of internal customer unit resources.
- Manages all aspects of end to end customer and broker servicing. Manages a team of account managers, client service associates and sales support associates to ensure high customer satisfaction and profitable persistency.
- Works directly with multiple customers and brokers and manages all assigned customer relationships through the team. Works directly and closely with multiple customers and brokers, developing and executing on account plans and stewardship meetings. Responds to requests and initiates contact in anticipation of emerging concerns and issues. Handles escalated customer and broker issues for assigned book of business.
- Anticipates operational problems and identifies opportunities for improvement through detailed knowledge of clients' businesses. Identifies and leverages best practices across regions and manages change to continue to develop and deploy improvements to the service model.
- Responsible for process improvement, developmental assignments, coaching/counseling, and day to day management. Motivates staff with appropriate recognition and feedback.
- Manages, establishes, encourages, and builds strong business relationships with partners, especially Sales, to deepen customer and broker relationships.
- Works closely and partners with Sales leadership to drive customer experience, retention, and growth.
- Manages internal work teams to assure timely and accurate preparation and delivery of all services, including preparation of benefit plan objectives and analyses, trend studies, normative research, renewal, and financial reports, SPDs, and/or contracts, etc. Manages discussion around workload balancing and team delivery via huddles and huddle boards. Ensures appropriate time tracking by associates to drive demand and capacity management.
- Drives accountability of his or her team by managing and monitoring key metrics and business outcomes across teams including customer and broker satisfaction, due and unpaid bills, and all other operational metrics.
- Partners with internal resources such as actuarial, IT, and claims functions to ensure timely, accurate delivery of services to customers and brokers; manages delivery of services provided by external vendors.
- Partners with colleagues to create profitable case-specific business plans and to identify revenue growth and expense reduction opportunities. Participates in developing proposals, meeting potential clients, and client presentations. Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate customer and broker data on all internal reporting systems.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant business experience
- 4+ years people management/leadership or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience with operations management role, including people management, project management, change management executing on key metrics activities
- Competencies: Focus on customers, manage performance successfully, negotiation skills, relationship building, talent development, change management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience
- Possesses strong leadership skills; ability to lead, develop and motivate small team
- Extensive experience managing complex client accounts and relationships
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time efficiently to meet client deadlines
- Analytical thinking and decisiveness
- Strong project management skills including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking, and decisiveness
- Ability to manage client expectations with MetLife capabilities and understand the impact both administratively and financially
- Strong understanding of the U.S. economy, industry trends and legal developments impacting business
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of benefit plan administration and contracts
- Advanced knowledge of group products, services and systems and ability to strategically analyze the interaction of these products, services, and systems
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and assist team members in personal development
- Ability to excel in problem identification and solving.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills are a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to develop value-added relationships with brokers/customers.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.