Absence Business Analyst
Absence Business Analyst
MetLife Internal Title: Technology Liaison
Location: Virtual but must be commutable to one fo the following Metlife offices: Bloomfield, CT; Oriskany, NY; Tarmpa, FL, Aurora, IL; Bridgewater,NJ; or Troy, NY.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of this position is to analyze FML, State FML and Company leave policies and set up the back end systems to appropriately intake and administer a customer’s absence claims. The BA will work with Implementation and Service teams to understand at a very detailed level the provisions of the leave polices, set-up and test the back-end systems. The BA will also analyze change requests to understand how the back-end systems need to be updated in order to accommodate customers’ changes as well as regulation changes. This position relies heavily on analytical and problem solving skills, combined with a detailed knowledge of FMLA regulations, to drive the successful implementation of our Absence Management customers. Also, acts as a liaison between the business and IT personnel to support the unit’s technology needs; as well as strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for the back-end system set-up for implementing new TAM/Catalyst cases, working closely with National Account and Regional Market Implementation teams, as well as the customer, to assess and implement leave of absence policies.
- Subject matter expert with internal and external customers on FML, State FML and leave policies, as well as eligibility requirements.
- Conducts secondary level eligibility file testing for new/changed files.
- Partnering with account teams, Disability Operational Process Leads, and Customer Delivery for changes to existing TAM/Catlayst customers. Analyze impact of change to current set-up, develop solution and implement.
- Attend conference calls related to Absence set-up issues/topics and provide consultation relative to resolution and next steps.
- Support internal/external projects for the building of business requirements, design input and UAT.
- Identify, solution and implement process and system improvements through continuous business and procedural analysis
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
Knowledge/ Skills/ Competencies/ Required:
- 3+ years of related work experience with Disability products.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required to work with customers of all levels of case complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Organizational skills, ability to deliver effective solutions efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with strict attention to detail while considering alternatives and their impact
- Effective oral and written communication skills: technical and non-technical
- Ability to effectively promote/represent the department, and build relationships within the MetLife Enterprise
- Ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of system design processes, methodologies, and testing tools used specifically during user acceptance testing
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to work with varying levels of management and support personnel in resolving complex technology related issues
- Requires a high degree of professionalism, sound judgment, and discretion in contacts with internal management, field management, and external organizations
- Wide latitude for making decision and implementing procedures for resolving issues without precedent
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Excel identifying and understanding differences and similarities within multiple large data sets and software applications
- Familiarity with IT development cycle also a plus
- Knowledge and experience in project management a plus
- Proficiency with software such as MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Project
- Self-motivated, well organized and flexible
Number of Openings
“At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $57,100 - $63,000 This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.