Associate Director, Data Acquisition and Enablement
The ideal location for this role is our East Hanover site but remote work may be possible (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. If associate is remote, all home office expenses and any travel/lodging to specific East Hanover site for periodic live meetings will be at the employee’s expense. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager. This position may require up to 20% travel. This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The Associate Director, Patient & Specialty Services (PSS) Data Acquisition and Enablement is responsible for overseeing the end-to-end patient and specialty data ecosystem for his or her assigned brand/s. You will ensure alignment on data and reporting requirements between internal stakeholders and 3rd party providers (i.e., Patient Service Center, CoPay Provider, Adherence Services, Specialty Pharmacy, Data Aggregator, Specialty Distributor). You will streamline the interaction across all stakeholders to guarantee a smooth and quality-controlled data transfer process, to resolve current data issues and challenges, and prevent future anomalies from occurring.
Working directly for the Director, PSS Data Acquisition and Enablement and in partnership with colleagues across Novartis, you will have primary responsibility for ensuring that data is accurate, timely and complete for your assigned brand/s. Specifically, you will be responsible for (1) data requirements gathering, (2) data quality and testing, (3) data supplier on-boarding and management, (4) data issue management (identification, resolution and communication), and (5) data change (enhancement) management. Your primary objective is to ensure that effective and accurate data flows to the Patient & Specialty Services (PSS) Analytics team to enable end-to-end patient journey tracking and effective analytics to support data review and visualization across the Novartis Pharma Specialty portfolio. You will be a critical team member in the PSS Data Acquisition and Enablement, PSS Analytics and overall PSS teams, and will help the Director, Patient & Specialty Data Management with the operational management of the data capabilities for the PSS and Insights and Effectiveness teams.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for managing the end-to-end patient and specialty data ecosystem for assigned brand/s:
• Oversee Data Quality Management process for assigned brand/s with external and internal data providers to ensure timely, accurate and complete patient and specialty data
• Inform and guide stakeholders regarding data availability, caveats and limitations to business unit brands (subject matter expert)
• Define and manage the roadmap of data-related projects to support upcoming business changes and partners with internal and external teams to implement accordingly
• Define & maintain business rules to ensure high data quality for utilization across PSS Analytics
• Rapidly identify, communicate, and resolve data issues for PSS and Insights and Effectiveness teams, working closely with external (data suppliers, aggregators, etc.) and internal (IT, Data Enablement, , Sales & Marketing, Finance, and Market Access) teams