Field Service Technician II
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Under general supervision the Field Service Technician II ( BBTII) installs, changes, repairs and disconnects cable services including video, data, and telephone. Performs troubleshooting at time of installation and on scheduled service calls from the tap to the customer's selected locations using coaxial or fiber cable. Educates customers regarding new and existing services and describes the advantage of other services to meet customer needs.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values
- Installs, tests and troubleshoots Company services including video, data and telephone from tap to customer electronic devices
- Utilizes network tools and troubleshooting knowledge to resolve network problems
- Resolves issues at installation and on scheduled service call from customer’s select locations to tap or pole
- Educates customers regarding use of installed products; explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges and billing procedures
- Determines customer's current service levels; inquiries about customer preferences and needs; recommends service upgrades or additional products
- Resolves or escalates customer complaints, as appropriate
- Uses automated routing system or plans daily route; requisitions equipment and supplies; stocks Company vehicle
- Meets scheduled appointment windows
- Completes work orders and other documentation on paper and/or by mobile device
- Represents Company to collect payments and equipment; secures appropriate customer signatures
- Maintains network integrity through preventive maintenance and home certifications.
- Adheres to established maintenance windows for all outages
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment
- Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
- Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required
- When applicable rearranging and reconnecting coaxial or fiber optic service drops at pole, underground or building terminals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with company, industry and regulatory standards
- Ability to safely lift 75 pounds
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50-pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt (weight limit of 350 pounds including equipment)
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Minimum of 9 months of Broadband Tech I experience.
- SCTE BPI certification preferred
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat or cold
- Work performed near power lines and electricity
- Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our [Register to View] for further details.