Executive Director, Business Development - Behavioral Health Care - Remote work opportunity
Serves as the “content expert” and “champion” responsible for driving product strategy for the Behavioral Health Care and Human Services (BHC) Strategic Business Unit (SBU); must possess and maintain superior expertise in and knowledge about the (BHC) care field. As executive director for the Behavioral Health Care and Human Services Program Strategic Business Unit, responsible for the positioning and the successful differentiation of the program in the competitive marketplace. Ensures that the BHC program meets its annual new business, revenue growth and operating margin objectives and achieves a leading competitive and market position. As BHC Executive Director, leads the team to ensure that all key aspects impacting program performance are being addressed to enhance the success of the product line including both retention of current customers and recruitment of prospective customers. The SBU team, including operations, standards, the standards interpretation group, research, business development and marketing is responsible for program performance and profitability. The executive director will share responsibility with the members of the SBU team for the BHC program performance and profitability and is accountable for reporting program performance to the Executive Vice President and the Operations Group. Oversees the annual development and implementation of the BHC Strategic Business Plan.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively contributes to the successful achievement of SBU performance objectives through effective SBU team involvement and proactive communication and collaboration.
- Maintains expertise and current knowledge of the Behavioral Health Care and Human Services field.
- Accountable for routinely reporting results to the EVP and Operations Group.
- Shares responsibility for program performance with members of the Strategic Business Unit cross-functional team.
- Works with the SBU team to develop, refine and implement each year the Strategic Business Plan for the program.
- Coordinates the Behavioral Health Care and Human Services Strategic Business Unit Team and directs the team’s activities to successfully advance the growth of the program.
- Actively monitors the environment to identify opportunities for new product development. Prioritizes responses to these opportunities with EVP and Operations Group.
- Directs new product development identified through the Strategic Planning process and routine environmental scan.
- Represents the Behavioral Health Care and Human Services Program externally by meeting with current and prospective customers, presenting to interested groups and building positive relations with key stakeholder groups.
- Directs the activities of the integrated business development and marketing staff team to implement Sales and Marketing activities and directly supervises assigned staff.
- Leads program-specific Advisory Councils and identify needed product enhancements and other strategies to increase the value of Behavioral Health Care and Human Services Care accreditation.
- Ensures the continuance of existing federal and state deeming relationships and works with government relations staff to identify additional opportunities for deeming.
- Seeks opportunities to speak at national and regional forums to promote the value of Joint Commission accreditation.
- Provides technical assistance in support of the development of standards, publications, educational programs and other accreditation-related requirements and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least seven years of professional experience in the Behavioral Health Care and Human Services setting.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic business plans and a successful record of achieving objectives.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission program-specific standards and survey process is preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to organize and synthesize activities that involve a wide range of individuals, groups, and health care organizations.
- Leadership skills demonstrated by the ability to motivate and influence both direct reports as well as members of cross-divisional teams.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to give presentations and author strategic business plans and various policy papers.
Note: Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19 as a condition for employment.
Anticipated travel required (up to 30% as needed).