Palo Alto Security Consultant - Location Negotiable
Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond, and recover along with all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our client's needs across their entire value chain. Whether we’re defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector’s brightest people uses the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security, and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
Passionate about security, love what you do and have a genuine desire to outsmart the bad guys. You have the experience to analyze a clients’ security posture, anticipate security requirements and help find right-sized solutions based on industry leading practices. You have a proven track record working successfully in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You’re a creative, analytical problem solver with above average documentation skills who can speak to both technical and non-technical audiences. You are eager to put your skills to use by helping us help our clients inject security at every level of their organization.
Cloud and Infrastructure Security professionals develop and deliver solutions for organizations to contain and protect valuable company assets within their environment. Create new or develop existing security architecture solutions and implement quality work met with client expectations. A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems. Design, configure, manage and troubleshoot a variety of network firewall technologies. Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals. Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems. Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance. Decisions often impact the team in which they reside. Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Our consultants assist clients with the evaluation of holistic security gaps. They also anticipate security requirements and identify sound security controls for applications, systems, processes and organizations. Our managers can easily work with non-security teams to integrate security controls on projects.
We are currently searching for consultants for our Security Technology practice with prior experience in the following areas: network security, firewall administration, security policy assessments, firewall deployments and migration.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Assist developing integrated security solutions involving network firewall products that support client daily operations
- Serve as technical lead delivering architecture resolutions against stringent timelines
- Troubleshoot network devices, various platforms, databases, Windows and/or UNIX systems in Infrastructure and/or cloud environments
- Involvement in technical security assessments for Accenture’s clients (e.g. network, security architecture, security policy assessments)
- Aid to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel
- Report and update project progress and client expectations to the engagement team
- Minimum 2 years firewall administration (Palo Alto Networks products experience preferred)
- 2 or more of the following including the above:
- Minimum 2 years of working with firewall tools performing deployment, configuration, policy management and administering firewall operations
- Minimum 2 years of Fortinet
- Minimum 2 years conducting security work in enterprise infrastructure or cloud environments (Hybrid, AWS, Azure, GCP experience preferred)
- Minimum 2 years working with any of the following: intrusion detection systems, remote access VPN technologies, vulnerability assessment tools, event and log analysis solutions and/or configuration and change management systems
- Minimum 1 year of network fundamentals (e.g. router or switch administration, IP subnets, routing protocols, network tools experience preferred)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate’s Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
Preferred Skill Requirements:
- Hands-on Palo Alto Networks experience, inclusive of:
- Firewall deployments, migrations, configuration and administration
- Experience with Next-Gen Firewalls, Panorama, Prisma Access, Prisma Cloud, and/or Global Protect
- Creating and establishing Customer Access Nodes
- Utilizing Network, Server, Security profiles
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks tools (e.g. Threat Prevention, Wildfire, URL Filtering, Cortex Data Lake)
- Understanding of emerging security topics, methods, and frameworks (e.g. Zero Trust, Macro/Micro Segmentation, etc.)
- Understanding of security compliance frameworks (e.g. PCI DSS, HIPAA, NIST, SOX, etc.)
- Project firewall deployment and migration delivery experience
- RFP/RFI Response Knowledge (ability to work and support proposal efforts)
- Cyber Security experience in complex global enterprise and or Govt. environment a plus
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Compensation for roles at Accenture varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York City or Washington as set forth below and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.