Responsible AI - Data Science Manager
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 624,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at [Register to View]
Solutions.AI is Accenture's collection of AI solutions that are designed to unlock new efficiencies and growth, enable new ways of working, and facilitate game-changing innovation–3x faster than the typical product lifecycle. Built and delivered on the foundation of Accenture's unparalleled AI expertise, data services, IP and ecosystem partners, our scalable, modular solutions minimize time to market and maximize business impact. The next AI revolution will be built by people like you. Visit us here to find out more about [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Excited by the fast-moving world of Data Science? We certainly are. Our Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers work with leading organizations to transform data into actionable insights using advanced machine learning methods powered by world-class technology.
But it’s not good enough just to do all this great work in isolation – we must make sure we use the tremendous power of AI responsibly - by designing, building, and deploying AI in a manner that empowers people and businesses, and that fairly impacts customers and society.
We’re looking to grow our Responsible AI team and if you’re an experienced Data Scientist with a Responsible AI background, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Responsible AI Data Science Manager, you’ll be highly experienced in building state of the art models to solve difficult business challenges and you’ll be growing your team leadership and mentoring skills. But you’ll also have at least two years’ experience looking at responsible aspects such as AI model Fairness, Transparency, Explainability, Robustness, Soundness and Privacy – preferably gained in a client-facing environment.
You’ll be a problem solver who is passionate about all things data. You’ll be excited by difficult modelling challenges, and you’ll enjoy working with like-minded people who thrive on pushing the boundaries of the possible. You’ll be an inspirational and motivational technical specialist with the strong communication skills needed to liaise with client teams.
At the forefront of the industry, you’ll help make our Responsible AI vision a reality for clients looking to better serve their customers and operate always-on enterprises. We’re not just focused on increasing revenues – our technologies and innovations are making millions of lives easier and more comfortable. But above all, we’re doing this responsibly and inclusively – to make sure AI technology is used equitably and in a way that is both ethically and technically sound.
You’ll be a key player helping to deliver outstanding work for our Responsible AI clients. Some of the areas you’ll be working in include:
- Leading teams delivering client projects relating to Responsible AI
- Supporting client sales conversations and proposal preparation
- Providing Subject Matter Expert input into Accenture leadership conversations and decisions
- Helping define, build and roll-out our internal Responsible AI tools and assets
- Supporting the development of thought leadership and Points of View on Responsible AI
- Helping with the development and delivery of Responsible AI technical training
- Supporting the evaluation of third-party Responsible AI tools and frameworks
- Communicating with, and providing guidance to, Accenture leadership and client teams
- Supervising and line managing staff up to and including Consultant level.
Here’s What you Need:
- Minimum of 6 years’ general experience in client-facing Data Science work, including analytical techniques drawn from the following:
- Programming languages (Python, R, Spark, SQL etc.)
- Statistics and Probability Theory
- Regression Modelling
- Clustering Methods
- Deep Learning
- Neural Networks
- Natural Language Processing
- Text Mining
- Computer Vision
- Image Recognition
- Time Series Forecasting
- Machine Learning Visualization Tools
- Tree Ensembles
- Minimum of 3 years’ specialist experience in advanced machine learning modeling techniques, fine-tuning and assessing the performance of models such as XGBoost, Transformers, ResNets, VAEs, GANs, LSTMs Markov chains, etc. and using specialized machine learning libraries (Fastai, Keras, Tensorflow, pytorch, sci-kit learn, Hugging Face, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with database technologies (ETL, NoSQL, DW), Big Data technologies (pySpark, Hive, etc.) and in working with structured and unstructured data (text, PDFs, jpgs, call recordings, video)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience using Cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in leading project teams and driving work through completion
- Minimum of 2 year work experience in Responsible AI, including hands-on experience in technical Responsible AI areas (such as model Fairness, Transparency, Explainability, Robustness, Soundness and Privacy)
Bonus Points If:
- Experience of using specialized visualization techniques (D3.js, ggplot etc.)
- Linguistic proficiency (to a reasonable business level) in a language other than English
- Has supported the publication of academic papers, white papers, or related thought leadership in the field of Responsible AI, or closely related areas
- Experience in delivering training to both technical and non-technical audiences
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $100,400 - $291,100 and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.