Senior Software Development Engineer (Agile Delivery Team - .NET/MS SQL)
Location: Cary, NC - Hybrid work arrangement. (In office 3 days per week. Remote 2 days per week.)
Role Value Proposition:
The Agile Delivery Team within MetLife’s Enterprise business unit is looking for a high performing Senior Software Development Engineer. This individual would be capable of operating autonomously, taking business requirements from stakeholders, converting those requirements into coding and systems design solutions and performing testing. This is a fast-paced, high-volume environment with a SDE team that operates using Agile methodologies and 2 week sprints. A successful candidate would be a “true lead” that can think and solve problems independently.
We offer the opportunity to learn and manage multiple projects simultaneously while using the latest technologies. MetLife is going through a digital transformation and understands that Software Engineers must keep their technical skills current.
- Web Development:
- Web-portal development including ASP, [Register to View] (legacy/6+) and REST API; system configuration and stability (WinOS, IIS); familiarity/exposure to UX design; exposure to security/risk requirements as related to support of an enterprise application
- Backend / database-related development (MS SQL), Maestro job scheduling, new or existing component development (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), provide testing assistance to UAT lead for in scope requirements to ensure quality deliverables as outlined, duties as assigned
- Agile practitioner with exposure to Scrum Management / Coordination, GitFlow execution via Azure DevOps (CI/CD) or Atlassian platforms; C#, Powershell and other command-line technologies, as well as, scripting technologies for automation; Kerberos and other authentication methods for Windows app, SS Component (IS, AS, RS) development and relational database (MS SQL) development, MDX, BCP, etc.
- Whole system integration, governance/standardization with batch processing and ETL technologies; focus on system stability, deployment readiness, working knowledge of SDLC, work stream coordination / tracking with internal partner teams, translation of business requirements to solution), monitoring/tracking development team members progress for timeliness; MFT channel integrations, duties as assigned
- Analysis / Requirements (Functional):
- BI Reporting exposure, exposure to security/risk requirements as related to support of an enterprise application
- Work closely to provide clarifications for in scope requirements to ensure quality deliverables as outlined; duties as assigned
- Solutions Design:
- Requirements gathering and documentation of applicable artifacts, coordinating with partner groups for in scope enhancements/requirements to ensure traceability of deliverables to approved requirements, technical writing experience; translation of business requirements to solution (as needed), create/update system artifacts (specifically process flow diagrams, solution arch design, solution infra design, integration mappings, etc.); exposure to security/risk requirements as related to support of an enterprise application
- Provide guidance to developers in execution of quality/scalable/modular solutions and comprehensive documentation based upon current working knowledge and understanding of requirements, etc., deployment readiness, duties as assigned
- Testing (SIT):
- Creating SIT plans and SIT test cases, coordinating testing with developers and partner test teams for in scope requirements to ensure quality deliverables as outlined; exposure to security/risk requirements as related to support of an enterprise application; experience with automated testing and applicable concepts, i.e., Selenium, TDD/BBD
- Work closely to provide testing assistance for in scope requirements to ensure quality deliverables as outlined, deployment readiness, duties as assigned
- Testing (UAT):
- Creating UAT plans and UAT test cases, support testing for in scope requirements to ensure quality deliverables as outlined; exposure to security/risk requirements as related to support of an enterprise application; experience with automated testing and applicable concepts, i.e., Selenium, TDD/BBD
- Test auditing, as bandwidth permits, work closely to provide assistance in requirements clarifications and documentation based upon current working knowledge and experience with business operations, etc., duties as assigned
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 4+ years of experience with .NET version 4 required. Preference is 4+ years of experience with .NET version 4.
- 1.5+ years of experience with SQL required. Preference is 1.5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- 2.5+ years of experience with analysis services, integration services and reporting services is required. Preference is 3-4 years of experience with analysis services, integration services and reporting services.
- Experience with MDX AND version .NET v6.
- Experience with configuration of Cube.
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings:
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.