IT Vendor Contract Consultant
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Alternate Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Role Value Proposition:
Senior Supplier Sourcing Consultant, IT Strategic Sourcing will ensure that the goals of cost reduction, risk reduction & mitigation are met whileleveraging the capabilities of the supply market to help internal clients gain and sustain a competitive advantage. To meet these goals, the individual in this position is accountable for having Sourcing involved at the earliest stages by showing and sustaining the value of the role by utilizing insightful market data, bringing forward compelling recommendations, and negotiating advantageous contracts. The role requires deep IT procurement expertise across strategic sourcing activities with high levels of stakeholder engagement, alignment, and collaboration under the direction of the Director, IT Strategic Sourcing.
In this role, you will bring world-class sophistication to our procurement activities on a consistent basis by performing the following.
- Lead RFx events and the associated tasks including electronic RFx creation, requirements review, bidder list compilation, bid evaluations, and all activities resulting in award and contract execution.
- Negotiate contract terms and partner with legal resources for favorable contracting outcomes.
- Optimize price-performance via volume discounts, rebates, credits, and other incentives
- Manage a variety of strategic and tactical activities.
- Conduct market research to ensure viable suppliers for sourcing consideration.
- Perform problem solving, analytics, and decision making functions.
- Provide reporting on Sourcing activities utilizing the designated applications.
- Develop strategies for sourcing, contracting, and negotiating from a macro and micro view point.
- Work effectively within an evolving sourcing project with fluctuating priorities and constraints.
- Synthesize past procurements into a future plan.
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Mentor lower level associates within the organization.
- Partner with stakeholders to increase the influence of procurement across the globe.
- Operate as the central point of contact for guidance and support for all assigned IT strategic sourcing matters.
- Assist business partners in developing and maintaining an approved supplier list and with adherence to the supplier risk governance program in the IT space.
- Enforce procurement policies/processes to improve spend visibility and increase control of the IT cost base.
- Remain current with market trends through relationships with third parties and market experts, identifying and communicating new technologies and key problems in the assigned spend areas.
- 5 + years of IT background (Telecom, Hardware, Cloud Based Services, Software, Managed Services)
- 5+ years of procurement or tranferrable experience (ie, consulting, legal, sales, etc.)
- Familiarity with corporate procurement and the source to pay process
- Undergraduate/Bachelors Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrated experience in the use of electronic workplace business tools
- Strong business acumen
- Quick study
- Experience working in a global organization
- MBA/Masters Degree
- Demonstrated business negotiation background
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of Procure-to-Pay tool(s), particularly Ariba
- Knowledge and prior usage of Business Intelligence tools
- Intellectually curious
Business Operations & HR Svs
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.