Lead Business Systems Analyst (ServiceNow)
Location: Cary, NC or Charlotte - Hybrid position
Role Value Proposition:
This role acts as a member of the Service Management Platform team, responsible for assuring alignment to business strategy and governance decisions. The Business Systems Analyst works with stakeholders throughout the enterprise to understand business needs and deliver technical solutions that maximize the value of MetLife’s Service Management platform (ServiceNow).
ServiceNow represents MetLife’s Service Management solution, facilitating the execution of processes including Incident Management, Request Management, Change Management, Release Management, and Vendor Risk Management. Over 9,000 MetLife employees globally use ServiceNow to manage over 2.8 million tickets annually.
- Aligns ServiceNow Platform capabilities to business strategy and ServiceNow Roadmap
- Performs discovery and design work sessions to translate technical complexities to stakeholders, ensuring understanding of design decisions including mock-ups, flow diagrams, and solution requirements
- Partners with Process Owners to drive adoption and ensure implementation of technical good practices, policies, and procedures
- Analyzes and understands ITIL practices (Incident, Change, Problem, Release, Knowledge, Configuration Management), user requirements, and procedures to improve operational efficiencies
- Identifies opportunities to enhance user experiences and drive value realization through process improvement and automation
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 3+ years ServiceNow configuration experience including workflows and documentation
- 3+ plus years of experience in Enterprise and/or IT Service Management
- Proficient analysis skill and ability to identify downstream implications
- Ability to develop strong relationships and build consensus among competing stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 3+ years of experience configuring ServiceNow forms, business rules, reports, etc.
- Experience in creation and execution of well-structured test plans
- Experience with database design schemas and data modeling
- Experience supporting solution deployments and releases
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.