Director, Strategy & Planning
Job Location: Cary, NC
Hybrid Role: 3 days in office/2 days work from home
Role Value Proposition:
The Director, Strategy & Planning role works closely with the GTO Chief of Staff and Head of Strategy & Planning in directing activities for enterprise and GTO business planning functions. The role partners closely with the GTO SLT and their Strategy and Planning Leads to ensure that business plans and objectives are aligned, tracked, and reported, manages leadership meeting events, develops executive-level presentations, drafts program communication plans in partnership with corporate communications, and leads other ad hoc strategic initiatives. The role manages two associates to drive Rewards and Recognition programming, GTO Leadership Conferences and GTO participation in Enterprise Employee Initiatives (including ESG and Experimentation) globally across GTO’s 17K FTEs and 10K consultants.
- Facilitate and plan enterprise-wide initiatives across all of GTO, including Sustainability, Rewards and Recognition, and Leading the Future engagement activities in 20 GTO departments
- Act as champion and change agent on behalf of GTO Strategy & Planning, including MyVoice, Customer Centricity, Enterprise Rewards and Recognition Awards Committee, and GTO Diversity Equity and Inclusion Council
- Plan and facilitate agenda for EVP, GTO leadership team conferences for 400+ executives and other ad hoc engagement events
- Plan and manage GTO Strategy & Planning team financials, recruitment efforts, and shared service resources
- Prepare and implement actions plans and lead improvement initiatives, including executive training
Essential Business Experience & Technical Skills
- 10+ plus years of experience, preferably a mix of management consulting, financial services and/or technology, risk management or audit experience a plus
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including proven success in planning, communications, change management, and or positions of similar scope and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Proven track record of building collaborative partnerships and alliances at all levels while holding people accountable; ability to operate effectively in a global and highly matrixed environment
- Strong Executive leadership skills. Collaborative partner able to navigate, influence and drive accountability across organizational, geographic and domain boundaries for alignment, approvals, decision-making and governance
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully execute programs to motivate staff
- Prior experience managing or coordinating complex initiatives, including the ability to create and execute project plans across global matrixed teams and stakeholders
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The role is eligible for incentive compensation under the sales incentive plan for your position. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.