Senior Derivatives Analyst-Risk
Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Alternate Job Location: Not Applicable : Not Applicable
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $669 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 1000 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at [Register to View] to learn more.
An exciting opportunity exists for a candidate with a math, finance, or investment background to join the Risk & Analytics team in the Derivatives Middle Office. The Risk & Analytics group provides enterprise- wide analytics data and scenario analysis for derivatives and fixed income securities, to various constituents in support of Finance, Trading, Risk Management and Portfolio Management. The individual will work within a team environment that emphasizes innovation and learning. The position deals directly with the front office, finance, treasury, portfolio management, risk management, IT, and operations. Responsibilities, given below, are well integrated within a strong group environment.
- Perform market scenario stress testing for partners within finance, risk management, portfolio management, and trading
- Understand existing reporting requirements for risk & analytics customers and future potential needs. Prepare and explain analytics and stress test reports
- Contribute to team effort towards analysis, development and testing of new models and projects in risk and analytics
- Ensure data accuracy and perform daily reconciliation as a member of the application owner group for primary and secondary risk applications.
- Contribute to expanding capabilities to support growing international business and associated new derivatives products.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and collaborative skills.
- Knowledge of financial markets, derivatives.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel, SQL.
- B.S. degree in Financial Engineering, Engineering/Physics, Operations Research, Finance, Mathematics, or a similar field.
- Strong securities/derivatives product knowledge in addition to familiarity with Numerix, BlackRock Aladdin or other financial pricing libraries.
- Strong tech skills, knowledge of programming.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.