Associate Director - Private Structured Credit
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $669 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at [Register to View] style="color:blue;text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] to learn more.
MetLife has over $131 Billion in private assets across corporate, project finance and structured credit securities. The Private Structured Credit team oversees credit analysis and portfolio management of privately placed, non-broadly syndicated asset-backed securities (ABS) deals as well as private placement loans backed by underlying assets.
The Private Structured Credit unit is looking to hire an Associate Director to aid in the origination, credit underwriting and structural review of potential new transactions, and portfolio monitoring of the private structured credit investments. MIM’s Private Structured Credit strategy targets higher spread investment-grade opportunities for both affiliated and unaffiliated client portfolios. The Associate Director will get exposure to private asset lending sectors including clean energy, consumer finance, alternative asset financing and several other esoteric lending areas. The team reviews both investment grade and non-investment grade opportunities across a wide range of sectors.
- Perform credit and structural reviews of potential new investments across Private Structured Credit sectors; conduct sector and issuer due diligence.
- Prepare and present investment committee memorandum and investment opportunities to senior management, as well as both internal and external clients.
- Actively monitor the private structured credit portfolio; develop and enhance sector specific and deal specific reporting and analytical tools.
- Develop relationships with portfolio managers, traders and analysts through both verbal and written communication.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years in structured finance and/or private placements.
- Superior writing, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and client-focused orientation.
- Strong Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills including spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables and graphs/charts.
- Motivated team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field required. MBA or CFA preferred.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 127077