Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Alternate Job Location: United States : New York : New York
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Role Value Proposition
To produce accurate and timely SEC filings, in the most efficient manner, while also exceeding the expectations for quality in financial reporting.
The position requires an understanding of SEC/GAAP reporting and period-ending reporting processes and procedures. The position is responsible for coordination and effective interaction with various levels of management across different departments within the organization, as well as the internal and external auditors. This is critical when meeting the internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines.
Assist in the annual and quarterly preparation of the SEC filings for SEC registrants, to meet all reporting requirements and filing deadlines, as well as financial statements for certain non-SEC filers. This includes the preparation and review of financial statements and related filings, including disclosure support, XBRL tagging, etc.
Assist in the preparation and resolution of on-going ad hoc requests and projects, including (i) accounting guidance adoptions, (ii) process improvement, (iii) enhanced reporting and (iv) technical research.
Respond to other reporting requirements as necessary to support the reporting process and business decisions
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 5 to 7 years of experience with the preparation and review of GAAP financial statements required.
- Candidate must have strong oral and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and be able to interact in an effective manner with all levels of personnel.
- Time management, attention to detail and documentation skills are considered vital for this role. Requires a high degree of professionalism, sound judgment and discretion in communications with internal and external parties.
- Candidate must have demonstrated leadership competencies in current or historical roles.
- The ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment is critical.
- Candidate should possess strong facilitation skills with the ability to effectively communicate and build professional working relationships with senior management, line of business and functional area representatives and associates.
- The ability to work independently as well as in team environment, while managing multiple assignments simultaneously and having a strong service orientation is considered ideal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Master’s degree and/or CPA designation highly preferred.
- Public accounting and/or SEC reporting experience highly preferred.
Financial Management Group_12713
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.