Financial Analyst- Manager (R115396)
Job Title: Manager, Financial Analyst
Job Level: Manager
As a Manager, you will work for a company that invests in ways to tell stories, view trends, and diagnose results in a more compelling and visual nature. You will have the opportunity to partner with business customers on driving strategic business direction that leads to sustainable performance and you will be asked to challenge our current well-managed processes to be more proactive, effective and efficient.
The Credit Risk Management Allowance team is a critical part of the value chain connecting different lines of business, finance, accounting, loss forecasting teams, and senior corporate leadership and provides detailed corporate allowance determination that feeds into corporate outlooks, regulatory stress testing, earnings releases, and other financial projections. The team builds a holistic understanding of allowance determination in light of economic and regulatory changes, internal strategy and policy developments, and general trends in customer behavior.
Roles require strong leadership, problem solving strategic thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Partner with business leadership to assess the financial implications of ongoing efforts to grow the organization
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior leadership audiences
- Own and manage aspects of the quarterly Allowance processes for the International Card portfolios
- Act as independent subject matter expert in allowance determination while understanding overall economic, loss, and credit trends
- Own quarterly Troubled Debt Restructuring calculations
- Own stress testing model execution and analysis
- Support the overall Allowance process through dual control model execution and analysis, deck creation, and other process steps as required
- Identify and enable continuous improvements
- Assist in development of presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects on specific aspects of credit loss performance
- Independently manage, prioritize, and delegate tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in financial analysis
- At least 4 years’ experience with financial modeling
- At least 1 year of experience managing a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s Degree in Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- 6+ years’ experience in financial analysis
- 6+ years’ experience with financial modeling
- 3+ years’ experience managing a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-[Register to View] or via email at [Register to View] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [Register to View] [Register to View] One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).