Surface Maintenance Mechanic (37212)
SURFACE MAINTANENCE MECHANIC
The Mosaic Company
Are you purpose driven and want to Help the World Grow the Food it Needs?
We have opportunities for you and working at Mosaic has never been more exciting! We are implementing and using new technologies to manage risk, minimize impacts and maximize the value we deliver to our team, customers, and diverse stakeholders around the globe. “NextGEN” is the term we use to describe the technology- driven change focused on Integrated Operations Centers, Modeling and Analytics, Automation and Process Controls, and Process Digitization. We know there are bright, passionate people, ready to join us as we revolutionize our operations to drive long-term efficiencies, competitiveness, and value for our employees and our customers.
This role will be located on-site at our Carlsbad, NM location. The Mosaic Carlsbad Mine produces KMag which is a unique fertilizer product delivered to farmers around the world for use in agriculture and in a variety of industrial environments.
Are you our next SURFACE MAINTANENCE MECHANIC?
We are currently seeking a Surface Maintenance Mechanic for our Carlsbad, New Mexico location. As a Surface Maintenance Mechanic, you will perform maintenance services on all operating equipment within assigned work areas, and perform duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Process equipment troubleshooting, preventive, and predictive maintenance activities.
- Participate in the Maintenance and Reliability program to maximize plant efficiency.
- Communicate and coordinate activities with co-workers and supervisors.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following:
- High school diploma/GED or trade school graduate required; currently and/or able to be certified to operate forklifts, cutting rigs, arc welder, and power tools.
- Basic knowledge of the Potash plant process and equipment and must clearly articulate an understanding of process interactions, capabilities, and constraints.
- Perform a variety of tasks, follow instructions, analyze, monitor, and learn new processes and procedures.
- Ability to read, write, and should have a good understanding of basic mathematics.
- Demonstrate skills in planning, scheduling, and exercising independent judgment/decision making,
- Identify and correct problems and demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility through initiative, leadership, and team skills.
- Team-oriented and willing to participate in plant safety, environmental policies and procedures, production results, product quality, and cost performance.
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to use the necessary equipment and tools to perform the job duties.
- Applicant must be able to distinguish colors.
- Candidate’s attendance record must demonstrate dependability.
- Must wear all personal protective equipment and follow all safety rules and regulations in accomplishing the job functions. Candidate is also responsible for encouraging crew members’ compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- Candidate’s work record must reflect a high regard for and commitment to safety.
- Valid driver's license is required.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights; occasionally work on a platform or basket up to 100 feet off the ground.
- Able to lift 25-50 lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to frequently stoop, bend, walk climb, kneel, etc.
- Able to read, write, and understand basic English.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!