Compliance Auditor (2021-9006_Hanover)
Who are we? We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
We believe in cultivating an environment that breeds opportunity and encourages people to be the best version of themselves. Our team members see work as more than just a job—it’s a career built on passion, grit and ambition. From achieving personal success to lifting others up to do the same, we all rise together. We help people achieve their goals—and then some. Our culture is centered around making an impact. We believe in doing what we love and encouraging others to do the same. Whatever direction you’re headed, you’ll find talented, driven and passionate members of the TEKsystems family creating meaningful work.
The Accounts Compliance Auditor is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the organization’s contractual compliance with its customers. The Auditor also monitors conformance to internal policies and processes.
The Accounts Compliance Auditor is empowered to influence changes to policies and processes based on observations derived from audit results. Core skills for the position include: excellent communication and time management skills, attention to detail, and problem resolution.
The Accounts Compliance Auditor will work very closely with their assigned Directors of National Accounts, Front Office Senior Managers and various individuals within our branch offices regarding compliance related issues for customers.Responsibilities
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document and communicate information related to employee pre-screening requirements (such as drug testing, background checks and required documents) as defined in customer service agreements.
- Perform audits weekly to review documentation for each newly hired consultant to ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Communicate areas of non-compliance and escalate accordingly.
- Prepare documentation for Customer initiated audits and provide to the Customer timely and accurately.
- Propose continual improvements to processes and policies based on audit results.
- Perform account maintenance, to include updating compliance requirements within assigned accounts and communicating any changes.
- Provide training and education to field offices based on audit results. Coordinate best practices to improve in problematic areas and work with the field offices to impact these areas.
- Other areas as assigned or determined.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- 1-2 years practical business experience in operations.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Strong initiative, willingness to drive accountability.
- Experience working with Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel or other reporting tools.
- Strong problem solving and work prioritization skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a team-oriented environment that is open, honest, and competitive.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Employees receive a competitive base salary, commission, and an exceptional benefits package including a 401(k) company matched retirement savings plan, parental leave and vacation, personal and holiday pay.
- Medical – BlueCross BlueShield Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental – MetLife
- Vision – Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Insurance – Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Additional benefits include:
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Education assistance
- Employee discounts on cars, electronics, travel, etc.