Lean Management Change Agent/Consultant - Advisor, Lead & Senior Associate Openings (REF9324K)
As a valued contributor to our team, you will advise with management on consulting best practices and recommendations for teams across the organization.
What is Way of Working (WoW)?
The Way of Working is Fannie Mae’s branded lean management system and a holistic approach to increasing team efficiency and effectiveness. Through WoW and the lean management disciplines, practices and tools we leverage, we improve the way we work in a meaningful way. These improvements to how we do our work every day become ingrained in our culture, and ultimately we improve the customer experience, the employee experience, our ability to innovate, the quality of our products and services, and other areas of our business.
Principles of WoW
WoW is rooted in lean management principles that will drive a culture shift where we will challenge ourselves to constantly seek out better ways of doing our work. It encourages the raising of problems and it celebrates Fannie Mae’s greatest asset – our people. Under WoW, the improvements come from those closest to the work and the system is supported by leaders that are focused on coaching and developing people.
WoW is supported by a series of lean management tools and principles that actually change the way we work in a meaningful way through, for example, the use of daily huddles, structured problem solving methodologies, defining standard work and robust coaching and feedback. These tools and principles drive mindsets and behaviors that enable a culture of continuous improvement, cross team collaboration, and the ability to solve Fannie Mae’s biggest problems
What is a WoW Consultant?
WoW Consultants play an important role in supporting and improving lean management practices at Fannie Mae. They work alongside the business to solve large, complex, cross-team problems to break down silos, improve collaboration, and save time and dollars. Consultants also support enterprise strategic priorities by ensuring the health of the management system’s strategy cascade and deployment. Consultants work with senior leaders to identify strategically important opportunity areas to support, help colleagues develop actionable plans, and train new colleagues in the new ways of working. WoW Consultant support is critical for providing consistency in how the business grows its use of lean management and ensuring best practices and continuous improvement activities are shared across all teams.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Transformation Office - Consulting - Advisor, Lead, and Senior Associate roles will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Support the maturity of the lean management system through direct, personal engagement with business leaders to enable the execution of strategic priorities.
- Support material improvement efforts focused on efficiency, quality, and improved cross team collaboration through a combination of doing, role modeling and coaching.
- Support problem identification and solutions with diagnostic analysis and reporting to business leadership, including escalating identified roadblocks to execution of the business strategy.
- Build trusted relationships to enable effective influencing of decisions.
- Support assigned business leads with impact measures across dimensions of customer satisfaction, effectiveness or quality, efficiency, and employee engagement.
- Assist in mentoring staff in the tools required by methodology to obtain results and maintain controls after implementation.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff.
- Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Facilitate assessments to track continuous improvement progression, enable team growth and create momentum for connecting results to goals.
- DC & VA candidates must be open to working in either location as you may be required to rotate between offices.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- At least 2 years of experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Master's Degree
- Senior Associate - 4+ years of experience
- Lead Associate - 6+ years of experience
- Advisor - 8+ years of experience
- Experience synthesizing complex and disparate information into concise insights for executive audiences.
- Experience engaging senior stakeholders to develop or refine insights with minimal or no oversight and independently thinking through complex stakeholder engagement plans.
- Experience developing solutions and resolving complex issues, as necessary with no or limited direction from leadership and using knowledge of specialty areas and full knowledge of related disciplines.