Small Business Underwriter II
- Underwrites, performs renewals or reviews of loans up to $5MM.
- Underwrites and approves, conditions, or declines new loan requests, renewals and annual reviews up to the limit of his/her commercial loan authority in accordance with Capital One Bank loan policy and portfolio performance objectives. Maintains up to $500,000 in commercial loan authority for secured and unsecured loans.
- Underwrites and then recommends approval on loan requests that are in excess of his/her commercial loan authority. These requests are submitted to either an Underwriting Manager or Credit Officer for final approval.
- Provides outstanding service to business bankers and branch managers. Works with Small Business Bankers in structuring loan requests in a manner which will best mitigate lending risks while meeting borrower needs.
- Delivers a great overall customer experience working closely with the Business Loan Advocates that are accountable of the end to end loan process from application to funding.
- Recommends commercial loan risks rating grades as part of the loan underwriting process, annual reviews, other interim reviews.
- Ensures appropriate application of all bank and line of business policies and procedures; supporting and driving adherence to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Is proactive about identifying and delivering improvements in our Small Business policy, underwriting, and/or risk management, and performs special project work as appropriate.
- Contributes to department training. Helps coach other individuals in the team (e.g. Underwriter I and Credit Analyst roles).
Work at Home Technology Requirements:
A secure home office environment that is free from background noise and distractions
A reliable private internet connection that is not supplied by use cellular data (hot spot)
Cable or fiber connections are preferred
Internet service download speeds must be at least 5 mbps, with 10+ mbps preferred - check your download speed using a speed test. A sample one can be found [Register to View] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [Register to View] [Register to View] One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).