IT - Internal Audit - Lead Associate (REF9340R)
The IT Audit Team Lead assists with planning, executing and reporting audits of complex functionalities and output of various information technology systems, applications or platforms/operating systems or risk management activities for compliance with corporate policies and procedures. The position is focused on work related to cyber related risks and activities.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Apply specialized technical knowledge and expertise to perform reviews focused on cyber security, resiliency, and complex infrastructure environments both in the cloud and on-premise.
- Engage in continuous risk assessments and monitoring of key cyber related risks confronting Fannie Mae.
- Act as a source of knowledge related to cyber security by coaching junior staff and conducting formal training across the team and division.
- Successfully perform all key job functions of the Senior Auditor role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy. Assist with coordinating and administering assignments, monitoring audit team progress and managing budgets and schedules.
- Serve as day-to-day project leader for audits ensuring projects are completed on-time and within scope and budget. Identify risks and assess potential impact of risks on the organization; use a risk-based approach to develop and adjust audit plans as appropriate and determine areas requiring additional analysis. Review and finalize staff work papers and deliverables with IT Audit Manager/Director. Review and finalize audit reports with IT Audit Manager/Director.
- Track results of prior audits and facilitate appropriate corrective action. Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Provide day-to-day project management oversight of other IT Auditors (including project guidance and informal coaching). Conduct first level review of work and documentation; leverage IT Audit Manager/Director guidance as needed. Communicate project team and audit objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners. Provide advice and share Internal Audit knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experience
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related area of study
- 7+ years of relevant experience is highly desired
- Master’s degree and/or Master of Business Administration Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related area of study
- One or more of the following certifications: CISA, CISSP, CEH, CRISC, CISM
- General understanding of information security practice, industry frameworks, and regulatory requirements related to Cybersecurity and/or Cloud implementation
- Exposure to cyber and cloud technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking and data analytic skills