Senior Analyst, Retail Risk Portfolio Management & Reporting (R210026452_Chicago)
Address:120 S LaSalle Street
Job Family Group:Data Analytics & Reporting
Supports the execution of accurate and efficient reporting solutions for risk, regulatory and management information to internal and external stakeholders including regulatory bodies. Supports an efficient and effective risk management function which uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs, increases service level performance and minimizes risk.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Researches existing or emerging requirements & related best practices to assist and develops recommendations for changes/enhancements.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Leads the development and maintenance of the risk reporting framework.
- Represents the risk reporting function during internal/external regulatory audits and/or examinations
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- May provide specialized support for other internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of ongoing operational programs in support risk reporting management framework.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Designs, develops, and implements reporting solutions to meet management and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of analytical and reporting solutions.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service for scheduled reporting production processes.
- Supports the maintenance, monitoring, and measurement of key risk indicators to internal & external stakeholders.
- Analyses data and information to provide risk-related insights and recommendations for the assigned portfolio e.g. capital at risk modeling, risk/return assessments, etc.
- Supports the interpretation of internal and external policies and regulatory requirements relevant to the analytics and reporting mandate e.g. regulatory reporting.
- Works with various data owners to discover and select available data sources from internal sources and external vendors (e.g. lending system, payment system, external credit rating system) to fulfill analytical needs.
- Ensures strong governance and effective controls across risk reporting activities and information in accordance with enterprise standards.
- Analyzes data and highlights significant information including variances, trends, opportunities and exposures; escalates as required.
- Provides information and supports the process for internal and external audits.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Supports the maintenance of operational procedures and processes related to analytical and reporting processes.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on awareness and understanding of key data elements used in risk reporting.
- Participates in the design, implementation and management of core business processes to ensure the accuracy of risk data used in reporting.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience in key areas such as retail risk reporting or risk management metrics and KPI or loss forecasting or analytics.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management metrics, KPIs and KRIs.
- In-depth knowledge of industry trends and regulatory requirements for risk reporting.
- In-depth product knowledge for the designated business/portfolio.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management theory, processes and portfolio management reporting techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of reporting & analytics concepts and applications.
- In-depth knowledge of risk systems technology.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.