Sales Director – State of Texas – Public Sector - Higher Education (R00046879_Austin)
Who We Are:
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 624,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at [Register to View] .
You will be a member of Accenture’s Public Service Client Services Group who is dedicated to helping government agencies and other public service organizations deliver better social, economic and health outcomes for the people they serve.
The Higher Education State Sales Director will drive sales process and outcomes to Agencies in Higher Education Institutions growing a profitable pipeline and/or backlog of sales, through deal origination, sales negotiations, and closure. Sales Director targets the right clients, grows quality pipeline, wins profitable deals, and manages sales activities with the objective of creating mutually beneficial, trust-based relationships that create value.
- Originate and sell comprehensive deals with various integration and operational components and a value range of ~$1M to $50M+.
- Orchestrate and lead the entire origination process for a large deal working with the Client Account Lead, the client team and relevant subject matter experts.
- A focus on the entire sales life cycle of an opportunity from origination to closure
- Sales Originators are client facing and have an individual pipeline target and a sales close target the proportion of which varies dependent on level.
- Be the lead in ensuring the Accenture Sales Methodologies are implemented and followed to maximize win probabilities across a portfolio of assigned accounts
What’s in it for you?
- You will be part of a diverse, vibrant, global Accenture community; teams pushing the boundaries of new business capabilities and emerging technologies and services, sharing their experiences and lessons learned with each other. You’ll have the chance to thrive in an environment where your ideas are valued and your voice matters.
- At Accenture, you will be able to work on meaningful and innovative projects, powered by the latest technologies and industry best practices such as event-driven architectures and domain driven design.
- Accenture will continually invest in your learning and growth. You'll learn from and work with Accenture’s certified practitioners and Accenture will support you in growing your own tech stack, sales skills, and certifications.
- You'll be immersed in the design and implementation of human-centric solutions to help solve complex challenges with some of the world’s largest companies.
Here's what you need:
- Existing trust-based relationships with the State of Texas Higher Education institutions, such as but not limited to UT Austin, Texas A&M, Texas State University, University of Houston, TCU
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience shaping, negotiating, and closing large complex multi tower deals within Public Services Higher Education Clients, State and Local Government
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience originating and capturing complex multi-tower service deals, preferably in value greater than $10M
Travel: Minimal Travel outside of assigned Geography
- Proven sales deal leadership originating and closing multi-discipline (consulting plus outsourcing plus technology) services opportunities to Higher Education Intuitions in TX
- Work(ed) in or sold to State Government Agencies
- Conversant in emerging trends in IT and Business
- Client facing (from deal qualification through close)
- Has or will earn credibility with State Agency executives
- Ability to network across Accenture, establish trust-based relationships internally to get support for client sales objectives
- High energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong facilitation and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Team player of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to interface and negotiate with senior client executives
- As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $175,000 - $230,000 and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 [Register to View] , send us an [Register to View] or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.