Credit Card Product Manager - Consumer & Small Business Products (R210023744_Chicago)
Address:111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:Customer Solutions
Join the credit card product team as we move with pace on our journey to modernize and scale our business. In this job, you will be responsible to identify, curate and bring to life new exciting products for both small business and consumer product segments, as well as refresh existing product suite. Core responsibilities will include product strategy, product development, product management, and well as aligning with key partners to ensure strategic alignment for pricing, policy, legal, compliance, acquisition, risk and marketing. Your expertise will help to ensure that our credit cards will compete effectively against our regional and national competition, as well as ensure our customers make real financial progress.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- TSYS experience preferred
- Strong experience with consumer / commercial credit applicable to retail and business financing products.
- Strong experience working with retail and business product fundamentals, including product design, functionality, and related policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of product delivery infrastructure systems and underlying product interdependencies.
- In-depth retail and business banking environmental awareness / understanding.
- In-depth risk management associated with new and existing product development and management.
- Strong knowledge of process coordination and management.
- Strong knowledge of banking product management and associated industry and regulatory requirements.
- Building business cases - in-depth
- Researching market trends – in-depth
- Relationship management – in-depth
- Analytics and reporting – in-depth
- Product marketing – in-depth
- Negotiation skills – good
- Software and systems architecture knowledge – good/in-depth
- Financial Understanding – good/in-depth
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Areas of responsibility:
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Develops business cases by identifying needs, analyzing potential options, and assessing expected returns on investment.
- Provides recommendations on product lifecycle.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Monitors key product performance and growth metrics to identify trends and recommend action plans.
- Leads/oversees the management of vendor relationships and external partnerships and provides guidelines for execution; ensures that all agreements are met as per requirements.
- Resolves internal, complex or higher risk customer escalations or policy exceptions, which may include interactions with clients and sales.
- Reviews analysis of issues and identifies gaps and solutions.
- Provides competitive analysis and benchmarking to identify product strengths and gaps, and extract insights.
- Analyzes customer/consumer insights and channel data to identify strengths and gaps, and extract insights.
- Completes internal and regulatory reporting, and attestations.
- Identifies existing and potential risks and develops risk management controls and processes.
- Develops and maintains product directives and policies.
- Supports development of key metrics and identification of trends.
- Gathers customer and sales feedback and analyzes issues.
- Participates in and evaluates market research and competitive analysis associated with assigned products.
- Participates in and evaluates customer / consumer insights and channel information.
- Acts as the day to day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- Resolves internal, first level customer escalations.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation, and management of core business / group processes.
- Gathers basic market research and competitive intelligence, including pricing, from publicly available information.
- Runs analyses and reports that support risk management and policy development.
- Defines and implements business cases and strategic roadmaps for banking products and services, including project and budget approvals.
- Designs, implements, manages, and enhances a single product or suite of products throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develops, implements, and monitors key metrics and action plans to optimize financial performance
- Continuously improves processes to identify issues and deliver optimal customer experience.
- Works with partners to develop salesforce training and materials and manages change.
- May support the sales team in development of client deals and related presentations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external partners and vendors.
- Creates the marketing strategy, including offers and campaigns, and works with Marketing and other partners to execute.
- Develops, implements, and manages product documentation, templates, and requirements to ensure they accurately reflect product and systems functionality.
- Influences and/or determines credit product risk parameters and metrics.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.