Director, MM M&A (R210022244_Minneapolis)
Address:90 S 7th Street
Job Family Group:Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
Provides a combination of deep industry sector expertise, innovative thinking in a team-based approach and world class execution across a full suite of products to clients through an integrated Capital Markets platform using a sector ecosystem approach. Collaborates to generate creative, client-focused solutions to prospective and current clients.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO’s purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Uses expertise in financial markets to cultivate relationships with new and existing clients and develop new client relationships.
- Delivers activities in instituting cross-selling initiatives to clients across all areas of the firm and transitioning them into significant sales.
- Operates as key member of the deal team with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
- Creates client pitch books for financial solutions and leads/participates in client presentations.
- Monitors client, client industry, and regulatory agencies for potential changes that may affect client portfolio and business needs.
- Initiates contact with partners for new client sales.
- Directly manages a diverse portfolio with progression toward increasing client responsibility.
- Reviews and continually monitors performance of existing accounts and client relationships.
- Conducts due diligence (e.g. client visits, analyzing business models, and comprehensively reviewing industry trends and related regulations).
- Understands client needs and provides relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations.
- Collaborates with sector coverage partners for clients and prospects to identify / deliver creative, timely solutions.
- Provides deal expertise and prepares/oversees delivery of creative and timely “pitches”.
- Supports credit concurrence/pricing efforts as a client advocate.
- Maintains key ongoing coverage contact with clients and sector managers.
- Builds positive client relations through deep/comprehensive understanding of client needs and alignment of our products/services.
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships at all levels.
- Interprets client strategy and anticipates needs to deliver solutions.
- Anticipates changes in client needs and provides strategic/creative solutions.
- Recognizes opportunities to cross-sell and to grow share of client wallet.
- Acts as a positive change agent to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifies and delivers on opportunities to improve the client experience; brings in partners where appropriate.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Maintains awareness of all firm products and services offered and facilitates means of receiving continuous updates.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements, and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Works with specialists as needed to support successful deal completion.
- Develops and leverages relationships across LOBs, with executive and external clients to foster and support coordination.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Creates financial models to analyze client portfolios and anticipate client needs.
- Uses financial analysis to proactively identify opportunities to cross-sell.
- Generates updated financial models / analyses as business needs and industry requirements dictate.
- Analyzes/assesses industry compilations.
- Applies appropriate technical concepts and completes / leads consistent and reliable technical and financial reports / analyses to support client deliverables.
- Understands the complexity of transactions and related risks (credit, market, operational, legal/compliance, etc.).
- Balances the Bank's risk appetite with the client needs when making recommendations / proposals.
- Makes decisions based on a strong understanding of risks; effectively evaluates risk-return trade-offs, and proactively takes accountability for risks assumed.
- Identifies and acts on the delivery of meaningful revenue, cost reduction, or capital optimization opportunities.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis, and/or streamlined reporting.
- Reviews and guides work of team members to deliver business results.
- Delivers financial modeling to support strategic recommendations to clients.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An undergraduate degree focused on finance, economics, or accounting preferred with high academic achievement.
- MBA, CFA or equivalent experience in financial services, accounting, or legal fields.
- Minimum of 9 years of relevant experience in investment banking, negotiating and structuring financial transactions. This should include some experience developing business in a corporate lending environment.
- Relevant business services sector experience is highly desired.
- Excellent knowledge of financial solutions, products, and services.
- Expert knowledge in one or more areas as recognized by clients and peers.
- Ability to create and deliver professional product ideas and presentations.
- Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.