DevOps Manager (R00060388_St. Louis)
Are you a passionate DevOps Engineer with deep technical know-how and hands-on experience implementing various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain Are you interested in promoting the DevOps culture in our client organizations
Here at Accenture, we are changing the world through the most advanced DevOps solutions on the planet! Want to be a part of it If you are about solving exciting problems and shaping the future of technology, we would love to talk with you.
Accenture works with the world’s largest companies and government agencies to enable innovation at scale using cloud-based technologies. We are the leading systems integrator for all the major cloud providers including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform and we work with over 90% of Fortune 100 companies.
Accenture is also committed to developing your skills and providing support to shape and grow your future. Our employees agree, as we have been consistently recognized on Fortune's 100 Best Companies To Work For list for 10 consecutive years.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business and IT problems, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, and apply DevOps solutions to enable client success.
- Work closely and follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Has some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
- Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Driving client DevOps capability assessments and providing industry subject matter expertise Defining DevOps capability transformation strategy and roadmaps.
- Facilitate DevOps discussions throughout lifecycle of client engagements
- Contributes to DevOps practice development including asset creation, enterprise strategy definition, and contributions on behalf of Accenture into professional DevOps societies.
- Designing and directing all aspects of Continuous Delivery implementation on Accenture IT systems build or application support projects.
5 years of experience in managing application development, software delivery lifecycle, and/or infrastructure development and administration
Minimum of 5 years’ design and implementation of Continuous Delivery and/or DevOps solutions or architecture patterns.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience with code repository management, code merge and quality checks, continuous integration, and automated deployment & management using tools like Jenkins, SVN, Git, Ansible, Artifactory, Service Now, Sonar, Selenium
Minimum of 5 years of experience with approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software
Minimum of 5 years’ experience with managing large teams including progress monitoring and reporting
Minimum of 5 year of experience working in an Agile delivery environment
Minimum of 3 years' experience in automation scripting using one or more of the following languages: Perl, Ruby, Bash, or Python
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (12 years) or an Associate’s Degree with 6 years of work experience
For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts
DevOps leadership experience - large teams preferred
Candidate should have experience leading a multi-disciplinary teams, working in a fast paced, high velocity agile environment
Candidate should have past experience supporting code released a month (10+)
Active organizer and speaker at DevOps social networking and industry practitioner events
Approaches and tooling for automated software assurance and QA.
The use of Public/Private cloud and Virtualization Technologies
Experience with project or program management
Defining and managing the roadmap for implementation of DevOps in an established operation.
Working within a structured environment, including the use of structured methods and approaches and modern development tools.
Experience of technical architecture – i.e. the design and delivery of IT systems for a broad range of clients
Service support – the use of DevOps, Continuous Delivery and ITIL concepts to lead an effective support operation
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is
$99,900-$168,499 and [Register to View]
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the [Register to View] .
Requesting An Accommodation
Other Employment Statements