Senior Analyst, Private Markets Research (R200016888_Chicago)
Address:352 E Illinois Street
Job Family Group:Customer Solutions
This position will preferably be based in Chicago, Illinois or Portland, OR
The Senior Private Market Research Analyst is directly involved in investment manager sourcing, the extensive due diligence process, and the monitoring of private market investment managers. The primary purpose of the position is to support the day-to-day investment and administration activities of the Private Market research initiatives and to share the ongoing oversight, sourcing and diligence responsibilities with the Directors and Private Market team.
This position will preferably be based in Chicago, Illinois or Portland, OR.
- Identify, evaluate, recommend, and monitor private market investments.
- Conduct due diligence and monitoring of new and existing investment managers.
- Review offering material, take frequent meetings with prospective general partners and placement agents, and independently assess the viability/merits of an offering for further review.
- Work collaboratively with the Private Markets Team and Advisors regarding implementation, asset allocation, research topics, and program discussions.
- Prepare presentation material in support of investment recommendations and present to various committees, advisors and clients.
- Meet regularly with existing general partners to discuss investments and fund level performance.
- Actively monitor partnership compliance, fees, and performance metrics.
- Thoroughly review detailed and complex offering material to assess potential irregularities, risks, or concerns.
- Undergraduate degree
- Understanding of finance, in particular, private market strategies and working knowledge of common types of securities (equities, debt, structured products)
- 3+ years of comparable work experience in private market or alternative investment research
- Must have a keen interest in private markets, investment management, and drive to further one’s professional knowledge
- Computer literacy, particularly Excel and modeling skills.
- Experience underwriting or valuating investment opportunities and/or businesses
- Excellent understanding of financial statement analysis and financial reporting
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced understanding of the functional area.
- Growing understanding of the market.
- In-depth analytical and interpretive skills; capable of sourcing and identifying pertinent factors from large volumes of information.
- In-depth organizational skills; strong attention to detail and risk.
- Able to maintain effectiveness, accuracy and performance in a fast-paced and demanding environment with multiple concurrent priorities.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
- An advanced degree, CFA, or CAIA charter holder or candidate
- Broad and demonstrated knowledge of alternative investment strategies and markets, as well as a familiarity with institutional managers in private equity, venture capital, private credit, real assets, or real estate.
- Experience selecting, monitoring, and managing financial relationships.
- Experience in a client-facing or relationship management capacity
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative investment due diligence.
- An understanding of the metrics, terms, structure, and various nuances of private market investments.
- In-depth knowledge of finance/investment concepts.
- Superior analytical abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to present findings to and answer questions from an experienced Investment Committee
- Must work well in a team environment and adhere to high ethical standards.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.