Technical Analyst, Business Continuity Management (R210031289_Dallas)
Address:200 Connell Drive
Job Family Group:Audit, Risk & Compliance
The Global Crisis and Continuity Management (GCCM) department within the Financial Crimes Unit of BMO is seeking a technical analyst and application programmer to support our enterprise initiatives that are advancing the way BMO conducts our business continuity, technical disaster recovery, and crisis management programs. These initiatives will further advance our overall Operational Resilience program. Key experience being sought includes Database and Web Programming Skills, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) or other application programming languages, system administration, and system data flows and interconnects. Fusion Risk Management BCM Software and Everbridge Emergency Communication Tool Experience are a Plus.
Provides management consulting services and technology/industry expertise in support of business and enterprise needs. Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, to facilitate the organization's goals by understanding business vision, objectives, and key performance indicators. Aligns technology requirements and solutions to a real business need, meets essential quality standards, and ensures approval by all relevant stakeholders. Acts as a consultant to business partners in collaboration with the project team in strategy and planning sessions (e.g. multi-year and annual plans), reviews, or inspections to ensure the quality of work products. Promotes new processes and methodologies, emerging technologies, and agile, and aligns to the unique project team requirements.
- Provides thought leadership in the development of new ideas, processes and emerging technology.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Leads the development of IT strategy by understanding business processes, policies, information and information systems.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Defines business requirements for analytics and reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Presents and communicates at all levels within IT and across businesses / groups.
- Completes root-cause analysis to determine underlying causes and participates in problem resolution for complex issues at all levels.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the IT consulting capability (e.g. shares expertise to promote technical development, mentors employees, builds communities of practice and networks across technology).
- Understands and follows a project requirements management plan so that activities and milestones of the project team can be measured against the goals of the plan.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a disciplined approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate, and manage business requirements with stakeholders; applies a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge, and understand requirements.
- Provides analytical support and insights to identified / assigned user areas to support relative product, channel, and business development initiatives (e.g. product, portfolio, and profitability analytics, and customer analytics).
- Collaborates in root-cause analysis to determine underlying causes and participates in problem resolution.
- Builds exceptional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaises with the business and the technology development and support groups.
- Aligns business needs to vision/goals to ensure development teams to translate them into detailed design specifications and code.
- Assess project impact, benefits, and risks when scope changes.
- Communicates and engages across stakeholder groups during construction and delivery of solutions.
- Assesses the quality of supporting documentation, including business and process requirements documents, to ensure proper analysis supports recommendations or demonstrate continued alignment to strategic objectives.
- Develops a deep understanding of organizational complexity to build strong rapport with internal stakeholders for the construction and delivery of the solution.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through benchmarking and/or participation in professional associations.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Business Continuity Planning Experience, DRII Certification a plus
- Database and Web Programming Skills
- Excel VBA Macros creation Skills
- Fusion Risk Management BC Tool Experience a Plus
- Everbridge Emergency Communication Tool Experience a Plus
- Metrics and Reporting Experience
- Project Management Experience (milestones, resources, timelines, budgets)
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge operational risk management practices.
- In-depth knowledge of the designated business / product portfolio.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative techniques and economic capital methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge & experience with risk policy frameworks; quality control / testing frameworks.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.